Conway Bailey

Good afternoon all. Would anyone have any up to date information on said company? Have checked on here,but posts are quite old. I have spoken to them over the phone,and they seem polite,and they gave me the ‘company line’,but I would like to hear from anyone on how they really are. Many thanks in advance.b

Ask them if they now pay if you’re weekended which they do at the drop of a hat I m told

Thanks Alix. They didn’t mention being weekended,not that it’s a problem. Tho’ not for no money!

Just ask the question before jumping in

it was 100 a day, 125 a day for weekends, though i’ve heard it went up recently. always busy but very easy work, do a lot of supplier work for supermarkets so waiting in rdc’s is usual. do some store deliveries for sainsburys. they literally go the length of the country and some european work. you’ll be out for the full 5-6 days, making sure they get there monies worth but they dont seem to want the impossible from you. always able to get someone on the phone if theres a problem. seen they’ve got a load of new tippers now on the road too.

I dont work for them but i’ve done some subbie stuff for them. drivers i’ve talked to seem happy enough, good kit, looked after etc.

nurglets:
it was 100 a day, 125 a day for weekends, though i’ve heard it went up recently. always busy but very easy work, do a lot of supplier work for supermarkets so waiting in rdc’s is usual. do some store deliveries for sainsburys. they literally go the length of the country and some european work. you’ll be out for the full 5-6 days, making sure they get there monies worth but they dont seem to want the impossible from you. always able to get someone on the phone if theres a problem. seen they’ve got a load of new tippers now on the road too.

I dont work for them but i’ve done some subbie stuff for them. drivers i’ve talked to seem happy enough, good kit, looked after etc.

Thanks nurglets,much appreciated.

They do ice cream work out of Wakefield for Newcold back to Cornwall, and from Bodmin to Wakefield I believe.

Ken.

As far as I Know quite a few of the boys who’ve got too old for the fishing have come ashore & driven for them

Mad Joe has the Amsterdam run sown up I hear & happy too!!

Quinny:
They do ice cream work out of Wakefield for Newcold back to Cornwall, and from Bodmin to Wakefield I believe.

Ken.

Wakefield to Cornwall that would be my ideal run.

I’ve got a mate on there, he does a night trunk to S Wales, he seems happy enough and he is not the type to take any crap.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

They still run out of Merthyr as well?

yorkshire terrier:

Quinny:

Ken.

Wakefield to Cornwall that would be my ideal run.

All in a day don’t forget :smiley:

Confused I am. Ice cream Wakefield to Cornwall-is that in the new tippers nurglets mentioned!!!

kjw21:
They still run out of Merthyr as well?

Yep, they have the transport contract for St merryn meats who have the big factory in merthyr and in Victoria and Bodmin in cornwall, who supply tesco and other supermarkets. A lot of lorries go out daily from Victoria alone to various tesco rdc’s. They also do work for tulip/danepak.

Amongst others I’ve done the ice cream run from Bodmin to Wakefield and back. Easy money. A lot of the runs you don’t touch whats on the back. I’ve done fridge work mainly, and some flat bed and curtain side. They get very busy running from Cornwall to spalding and back when it’s flower and different vegetable seasons.

They also own R&R transport based in redruth so I assume workloads are shared between the companies.

Its kind of a joke, if have a hgv licence and live in cornwall, you either work for baileys, have worked for baileys or will work for baileys at some point.

I know you quoted the money (and understand it may be a bit out of date) but was that for the Merthyr depot as well?

kjw21:
I know you quoted the money (and understand it may be a bit out of date) but was that for the Merthyr depot as well?

I honestly couldn’t tell you for certain, but seeing as the cornwall drivers are in merthyr all the time and vice versa, they talk to each other and I can’t see it flying for long that the Welsh lot get paid more for doing exactly the same as the cornish lads.

Fair point. Cheers for the info.

Tidy firm to work for according to the drivers i have met. They do hanging meat from west devon meat upto halesowen and bedford and i think they are running rigid hanging meat lorrys now.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

“Thank you” all,for your replies. It is greatly appreciated. Have a great weekend.

100 a day for a 12 hour shift 8.30 an hour or less than minimum wage if your doing a 15, lets hope this is out of date cause that is Cowboy money

whisperingsmith:
As far as I Know quite a few of the boys who’ve got too old for the fishing have come ashore & driven for them

Mad Joe has the Amsterdam run sown up I hear & happy too!!

They must have barnacles on their brains then working for them peanuts, or should that be cockles