Attention Supermarket Drivers!

I’m doing a story for Truck & Driver magazine on what it’s like to drive for the Supermarkets, and would really appreciate any feedback TruckNet members can give me …

The kind of feedback Im looking for is: what kind of routes do you run? What kind of patterns do you work? What are the hours like? How about the trucks you drive? Are they a good company to work for? What do they do well? And what do they do perhaps less well? Any information that will help me get a well balanced view of what the various supermarket chains are like to drive for …

Comments received will help in putting the article together, and could feature in the article, but will stay anonymous. By the way, I have spoken to Rikki Chequer about this, and he has ok’d my posting this request.

Many thanks - look forward to hearing from you …

If you want answers,then I`m happy to help! :wink:

Send me a list of questions and I`ll answer them as honestly as I can.

There are a few of us ASDA drivers on here plus some Sainsburys and Tescos drivers as well.

I have just stopped working for CO OP so if that is what you are after then pm me with what you want to know I will be happy to help :slight_smile:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=57158&p=679990&hilit=orys+agency+driver#p679990

Enjoy the reading :slight_smile:

joemaxi:

There are a few of us ASDA drivers on here plus some Sainsburys and Tescos drivers as well.

watch this man, he will give you stories of women taking their tops off while the trucks on a bay and stuff

I used to work for Somerfields/Kwik Save out of Sherburn in Elmet before it closed down a few years ago, if that’s any help?

Not one of the big 4 of today, but if you need owt answering, then pm me.

Ken.

against my will but with little other choice, i am still stuck driving for tesco and i would be more than happy to get a few truths into the public eye about the supermarket that likes its customers to think they are top of their priorities :laughing:

if all goes well i will be out of there next week so be quick :wink:

scanny77:
against my will but with little other choice, i am still stuck driving for tesco and i would be more than happy to get a few truths into the public eye about the supermarket that likes its customers to think they are top of their priorities :laughing:

if all goes well i will be out of there next week so be quick :wink:

ill join you there haha, glad ill never be back in their though :smiley:

I worked for the asda out of normanton (wakefield) for two years and have worked for wilkinsons(worksop) for six months so would love to be able to tell you all about the bloody rubbish rotas they work and how they all claim to be family friendly that is unless you drive a truck for them!!!

Also did 4 months for Next out of South Elmsall but that was through an agency!!

Work for tesco amd would be glad to help with info for your article.

gogzy:

joemaxi:

watch this man, he will give you stories of women taking their tops off while the trucks on a bay and stuff

Jealousy is a bad thing Gordon…: :wink:

joemaxi:

gogzy:

joemaxi:

Jealousy is a bad thing Gordon…: :wink:

haha why do i need to be jealous…ive got a pair of my own ■■■■■ :stuck_out_tongue:
plus the other half has a very nice pair so aye

no need to see peggy mitchell with her baps hanging out.

:stuck_out_tongue:

orys:
Day from a live of (another) agency driver ;-) - #30 by buck_rogers - THE UK PROFESSIONAL DRIVERS FORUM (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK

Enjoy the reading :slight_smile:

Great stuff! - thanks …

iceking:
I’m doing a story for Truck & Driver magazine on what it’s like to drive for the Supermarkets, and would really appreciate any feedback TruckNet members can give me …

The kind of feedback Im looking for is: what kind of routes do you run? What kind of patterns do you work? What are the hours like? How about the trucks you drive? Are they a good company to work for? What do they do well? And what do they do perhaps less well? Any information that will help me get a well balanced view of what the various supermarket chains are like to drive for …

Comments received will help in putting the article together, and could feature in the article, but will stay anonymous. By the way, I have spoken to Rikki Chequer about this, and he has ok’d my posting this request.

Many thanks - look forward to hearing from you …

Could you also do a side line story in addition to the main one titled

What is it like to drive behind the supermarkets?
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

i’m kidding chaps, calm down.