Are there any Parcel or trunking work around Crewe?

I’m thinking of moving to Crewe but I haven’t a clue what its like around there for LGV work.

I really want to do straight trunking with Royal Mail or a firm like them. Does anyone know what its like around there for that kind of work or driving in general.

Thanks for any help

CW

Wilde1:
I’m thinking of moving to Crewe but I haven’t a clue what its like around there for LGV work.

I really want to do straight trunking with Royal Mail or a firm like them. Does anyone know what its like around there for that kind of work or driving in general.

Thanks for any help

CW

There is a main Royal Mail depot in Crewe. Manpower would be the agency to contact to work there, they normally recruit from Manpower as i think they own or part own them and they are the preffered supplier of temp and temp to perm staff.

Isn’t there an ANC place there somewhere ?

DAFMAD:

The main ANC hub is in Stoke on Trent, or at least it was.
(ANC = Allied National Carriers I think, NOT African National Congress, not in this case anyway :laughing: )

It still is and is about a 10 minute drive from Crewe , just off the A500 .

DAFMAD:

ANC Resource Solutions is the agency for ANC Express,(now changing over to FEDEX UK)
Call 01782 558999 ask for Nicky.
Their office is in Newcastle,but the operational hub is at Parkhouse Industrial Estate just of the A500.
I’ve worked for them doing 2 night trunks a week for the last 4 years,easiest job I ever had.

Thanks for that, that info is really helpful. I’m looking forward to moving there but its pointless without an income :slight_smile:

CW

:slight_smile:
Gist have a Distribution Centre for Marks & Spencers on Crewe Gates Ind. Estate and also Mornflake Oats have their Factory in Crewe.
There is a Bargain Booze depot on Weston Road and as Mike mentioned, Royal Mail do run artics from the Crewe main sorting office,(also on Weston Road). :wink:

I,m looking at re-locating , but up into the peak district somewhere .
Look at getting a job on the stone or lime trucks .

Just got to find an affordable house first :laughing:

Are Caratrans still at Crewe? They used to be opposite Crewe Gates. i used to do trailers down to Purfleet for them on the Vauxhall contract for a while, straight there, straight back using them gas ERF’s they used to have. Now that was easy work, almost pinching money!!!

If theyre still there, might be worth pooping in.

don’t bother looking for Caratrans they went bump over 12 months ago!

bestbooties:

DAFMAD:

ANC Resource Solutions is the agency for ANC Express,(now changing over to FEDEX UK)
Their office is in Newcastle,but the operational hub is at Parkhouse Industrial Estate just of the A500.
I’ve worked for them doing 2 night trunks a week for the last 4 years,easiest job I ever had.

I hear that FED EX and UPS are merging into one company they are going to call it
FED UPS !! " boom tisch" i thank you…

bestbooties:

DAFMAD:

I’ve recently signed up with Resource Solutions and start work at ANC / Fedex next week. If I could offer one useful tip it would be to use 01782 558995 as the contact number for Nicky, as the main published office number goes through loads of automated prompts and you can end up talking to an answerphone. I clocked the alternative direct number when Nicky phoned me back one time. Hope this helps.

Chris DB

I know chamberlain transport are based in crewe not sure where though.Im sure they are part of one of the pallet networks so they do trunking probably to the hub in brum

Thanks for that :slight_smile: But still no luck in selling the house in Brum yet :cry:

CW