Trunking - Birmingham

Any ideas of where might be best to try for a pretty fresh pass? I’ve had my c+e for about three months and been using it since I passed. Passed my class 2 just beforehand but never used that.

Not looking for agency work, I have regular agency work at the moment… It’s just the multi drop can be way too stressful at times.

So if anyone knows of any where within about a 30 mile (max) commute of south Birmingham that might take me on for Trunking work that would be great. I’m as flexible as you like with regards to start times and weekends. Further more if anywhere is suggested then any info on said company such as hours, kit, organisation would be greatfully recived.

Thanks

Hiya
Could try DPD in oldbury,clean work and newish merc tractor units,or also TK Maxx are advertising for trunking out of green lane walsall or Allied Bakeries in west brom by the Albion ground.
Also Pentalver in Cannock have drivers who run to the docks taking empties and bringing full boxes back and they are advertising too.
Also TNT in atherstone if that’s not too far or there is hams hall Sainsburys or a start if these help.

That’s a great help thanks… Atheist one is just borderline for distance the rest are fine!

Just a quick one. Sainsburys at hams hall? What work could you expect there?

Thanks

Would have thought as not done Sainsburys work but trunking between depots,with deckers would be the norm as most supermarkets,and store work too but if they are anything like poundland where I am they can be a pain in the ■■■ to be honest but can be a learning curve like anything else.
Not sure if anyone on here works for Sainsburys might be able to help more sorry.

Cheers, will have s mooch through those over the next week…

Mate, try OCADO at Dordon, just out side Tamworth… Ive work there myself for the past 2 years. Money’s not the best but the job is ridiculously easy. Mostly single trips, trunking fridge work. Never had a night out yet. Might be what your looing for.

Can personally vouch for the Pentalvers job on nights being the easiest job on the planet.

Few years ago though so can’t help with the money side of things.

Hi I’m a new pass as well since leaving the army I haven’t even touched my class 1 , but I got took on last week by Asprays24 , all.i had to do was an assessment they wasn’t bothered I’ve never driven an artic before as long as I passed the assessment they was happy enough to give me a job , it’s only night trunking but it’s good for experience and Willenhall not to far from south brum so give them a call you never know

Thanks for all the help guys. I’m going to need to put a cv together I think, was near dpd today in oldbury! Not the kind of place you can just walk in with your licence…

So yea going to have to email a few of these! Went on the pentalvers site and I quite like the look of what they do.