Are the agencies quiet round your end?

Just wondering how quiet the agencies were in your neck of the woods. In the sheffield/leeds area I was often getting 4 or 5 days a week 3 months ago. In the last two months I’ve had 2 days.

I’ve been getting 4 out of 5 days regularly, and even getting other agencies calling me when i’m already out on a Job.

it al depends what you have told them i belive,

I’ve said ‘C’ CLASS or 7.5 work ring me will discuss early :open_mouth: ,lates ,weekends or short notice :unamused: .

Regards
Paul

im in sheffield leeds area pal wakefield area to be exact and i aint been offered a single day in nearly 2 months, although i do work full time so i gotta be picky as i aint prepared to give up a full time job for nothing so maybe my lack of flexability has alot to do with it, i believe so!

I’m in Hertfordshire and since signing on with a local agency in September I’ve had on average two days a week since then. I put this down to lack of experience having held my class C since June, as it’s always the same few companies who are willing to give me work. Even so, the agency has been saying that it’s quiet and they’re hoping it’ll pick up soon.

It may be picking up now though as I’ve just had a message saying they’ve got as much work as I want next week!

I’m in Manchester and with 4 agencies :open_mouth: and I’ve only been offered 2 days work in 2 months, both i had to turn down (1 for an interview and the other because it was 10:30 friday night and i was drunk lol) I’ve told them i’ll do any shifts and any work i.e. class 2, 7.5T and vans!!

up here in fife its defo qiute, not one day from them in the last month. i got 4 days from the edinburgh office but wont be back there this week even though i know they need a driver, only because im not registered with the edinburgh office and im not allowed to for some reason even though im with the same company. im with driver hire btw

rediculous

and my other agency aint giving me anything even though imphoning everyday asking if they have anything for that night/nextday/weekend whatever really.

fact is even though ive got a class 1 licence and im well in with the fife office they cant give me anything defeats me, litterally ill do anything they give me even driving a van.

Nothing doing here either mate.

I’m in Central Scotland and willing to travel anywhere including Glasgow and Edinburgh if it means getting some driving in, but, alas, I’ve been offered 1 shift in 2 months!

One agency offered 2 am starts on a Sunday morning driving out of an RDC for one of the big supermarkets when I signed up, but the phone hasn’t rung once.

I work full time doing office work so can’t make myself available that much other than weekends.

I have to confess I’ve stopped calling to advise I’m available at weekends seeing as they don’t call me anyway.

Defeatist, yes, but I don’t see me moving to full time driving, any time soon.