How is business with you agency drivers?

Just interested to know if things are quiet or busy in your area.

Seems to be quite busy here at the moment, probably more busy than usual due to holidays etc but there is certainly plenty work with the agency im with at the moment.

JamieR85:
Seems to be quite busy here at the moment, probably more busy than usual due to holidays etc but there is certainly plenty work with the agency im with at the moment.

Target? or recruitment direct?

I ony signed up for weekends, but they call more or less everyday throughout the week, i just divert to voicemail now :smiley:

but yeh seems busy, but not sure if it would be if i was f/t driving

ps: in west midlands

Seems busy i only do a shift on sunday with agency. At the moment im spoilt for choice with 3 agencys offering a sunday shift. Last couple of months have been choosing co op. Agency phoned me yesterday for 0600 start on sunday so they must be busy and worried booking so early.

I work for 2 and whoever books me first gets me,one rang yesterday to book me for next 5 weeks starting monday.

I know in some areas folks may be struggling to find work, if its quiet on the agency front where you are then post your location and you may get a friendly PM telling you what agency’s to go for in your area.

Kid you not, booked fully till January now! Even got 3 months worth of tramping/nights out on a regular basis!

Scotland is mobbed at the mo. I’m even taking a full week off just to chill and the good part is I can afford to.

Offered a full time job and a shiny new Volvo to match but I’m actually quite happy with the agency.

Not seen much of a down turn at all, been working 5 or 6 days every week, and sometimes had to remind agency that I can’t work bcause of DHR

been booked every day by since the same company since january. been getting calls from another agency i used last year so things must be picking up around yorkshire.

glad to hear its going good for you agency bods, sounds like its busy times again… :slight_smile:

stagedriver:
Kid you not, booked fully till January now! Even got 3 months worth of tramping/nights out on a regular basis!

Scotland is mobbed at the mo. I’m even taking a full week off just to chill and the good part is I can afford to.

Offered a full time job and a shiny new Volvo to match but I’m actually quite happy with the agency.

Which agency is it your with mate and who was it that offered you the full time job?

Was getting pretty regular mon - fri work out of agency, got let down about 6 weeks ago, then it picked back up, but I’ve just dropped the agency and found a full time job instead.

Was on agency because it suited me, but doesn’t at the moment, so back to ‘employed’ status.

Same here, I was only getting one or two shifts a week, although it did pick up a bit more I knew it
wouldn’t last. A full time job came up so I took it. Easy work carrying the firms own product, home
every night but the firm does run some unbelievably old tackle.
My 14 year old Scania is not the oldest on the fleet. :open_mouth: :laughing:
Bonus is no adblue or digi to mess with. :smiley: :smiley:

for those on f/t agency, and dont mind saying, how much money can u make a month? just weighing up some options…

Pops77:
for those on f/t agency, and dont mind saying, how much money can u make a month? just weighing up some options…

Mine was between 1700 and 2100 take home, for around 55-68hrs on airport work (£9 / hr, time + half after 8hrs)

Rates vary a lot, and, as a rule the higher paying don’t have the regular work, but there’s always exceptions to the rule.

[quote="waynedl
Mine was between 1700 and 2100 take home, for around 55-68hrs on airport work (£9 / hr, time + half after 8hrs)[/quote]
was that £1700-£2100 after your overheads ?

:slight_smile:

Volvo_Kid:
[quote="waynedl
Mine was between 1700 and 2100 take home, for around 55-68hrs on airport work (£9 / hr, time + half after 8hrs)

was that £1700-£2100 after your overheads ?

:slight_smile:
[/quote]
overheads? you mean tax and insurance, then yes.

55 hrs would have a top line of 2250 a month

and 68 would be around 2950ish per month

tax and insurance vary.

I was actually on weekly pay, but he asked for monthly so I’ve times’d it by 4 (close enough)

Suppthats not bad going :smiley:

ive often thought of doing agency work when its quiet as a few people i know have mentioned it so maybe i might give it a go and see what happens.

Just remember, reap the rewards whilst it’s busy, because other weeks, you’ll earn the proverbial Sweet FA… But, you’ll be able to live and pay your bills on all the promises they give you, won’t you?