Anyone want my job?

Hi all.

Currently working for John Lewis, Magna park in Milton Keynes via an agency in Northampton. They’re desperate for drivers for work with JL both in MK and Northampton. I’m gonna really ■■■■ the agency off if I get the new job which I’m after and leave them even with even less drivers! So I thought I’d do the agency a little favour by giving a bit of a shout out on here.

The work’s easy enough, usually two runs per day to a JL shop or service building, no loading and usually just trailer swaps, no pressure to work to schedule (within reason!). There are a couple of nasty tight drops but if I can do them anyone can :smiley: The position will most likely lead to a permenant one with JL if you’re any good - as well as driving ability they like to pick people with a good attitude, one which will work in their “partnership” system of employment. JL are a nice bunch to work for, all managers are ex-drivers and are approachable and understanding. Fleet’s mostly new and very well maintained, unfortunately they’re day cabs which is a bummer if you like to get your head down during your break like I do. You’ll be required to do an assesment, apart from general safe driving they’re very hot on correct coupling proceedures, ie. getting everything in the right order. There’s a guide to safe coupling on the HSE website which is what they go by, afraid I haen’t got time to look for it tonight as I’m in a rush.

The pay’s not great but adequate, £9/hour PAYE or £10/hour self employed through an umbrella thing. Time and a half for weekends if you choose to work them, and O/T too I think. They’re not too fussed about age, they do ask for 2 years experience, they took me on with 2 years on class 2 and 1 year on class 1.

To be honest I’d remain working there myself but my commute’s too far for a long term job.

Please give send me a message if you’re at all interested, I’ll do my best to get back to you but I won’t have access to a computer during the weekend and monday.

Cheers, Matt.