Bit the bullet ...

… due to lack of offers from four agencies I am registered with for Class 2 work, I have accepted an offer from one of them to work at Magna Park in Milton Keynes at John Lewis for six quid an hour 6am to 2pm picking packing etc.

Sure beats having no money.

Still looking for other work driving, office work - whatever.

Roll on the real recession when the Tories get back in power, and then we’ll see where we are after May 2012.

Market forces - I remember that from somewhere - now where was that ?

While thats a very low hourly rate check out any other benefits that you are entitled to,remember you have to ask the right questions as no one helps at the Jobcentre. It might be worth while talking to Citizens Advice.Also check out any perks or fringe benefits at your new work place.

Cheers for the advice.

My wife earns too much for me to claim benefit.

I haven’t paid enough stamp money to be able to claim Job Seekers on contributions in the past as I’ve been bringing up our eight year old and just getting a bit of part time work here and there where possible.

Things have gone disasterously wrong for my ‘career’ or working life over the last seven years. Never mind though, still breathing, still trying, not giving up until I draw my last breath.

Hopefully that’ll be in about another 35 - 45 years !

Malc

malc7:
Cheers for the advice.

My wife earns too much for me to claim benefit.

I haven’t paid enough stamp money to be able to claim Job Seekers on contributions in the past as I’ve been bringing up our eight year old and just getting a bit of part time work here and there where possible.

Things have gone disasterously wrong for my ‘career’ or working life over the last seven years. Never mind though, still breathing, still trying, not giving up until I draw my last breath.

Hopefully that’ll be in about another 35 - 45 years !

Malc

It may be worth calling the agencies in Northampton for driving work they seem to be picking up more driving work ( i heard it on the grapevine ) hmmmmmm is that a song ?

And good on you for taking any work to get you by…

shame on all the lazy b************** who just dont want to work.

cheers fella - yeah Northampton seems to be moving stuff, although Bicester maybe where I look next.

It’s a bit of a long burn up the hill to Junction 15a … definately worth investigating.

Wish I had a reach and counter balance - what’s the best way to go with that ? Gewt in house or go and pay for it ? :wink:

malc7 you have had 1 of the hardest jobs over the last 7 yrs bringing up kids but is the most rewarding of all & if you look you have a lot of transferable skills form that

good luck with the job from what i know john lewis look after there staff be careful with in house training as you may not be able to use else where

malc7:
cheers fella - yeah Northampton seems to be moving stuff, although Bicester maybe where I look next.

It’s a bit of a long burn up the hill to Junction 15a … definately worth investigating.

Wish I had a reach and counter balance - what’s the best way to go with that ? Gewt in house or go and pay for it ? :wink:

If you got an in house free then do that as most companies will respect it and just put you through there own to check your ok

Best to pay for it if you can … ring around the smaller training company and negotiate a price if there quiet you should be able to do a 4 day course one to one 3 days on a reach and a 1 day conversion to c/balance for £100 a day …

They will ask if you have any experiance if you have you could do a semi exp course and trim it down to 2 days on a reach and a one day conversion to a counter balance …

Hope this helps…

P.S

Ohhhhhhhhhhh If you are signing on you can ask them they are giving out money for Fork lift courses…

Well done you, bringing up your kids is just about the best thing you can have done.
As for work, Northamptonshire is definately the place for work. I am with an agency that cant get enough drivers and i am a newbie.
Even though you mention that your wife earns too much i would still go to the job centre and enquire about training etc as there is still a push to train people returning to work. You may find you are entitled to job seekers allowance and work a certain amount of hours.

Don’t give up and again well done.