Anyone thought of doing this?

stobartgroup.co.uk/careers/t … ticeships/

Like the title has anyone thought of doing this?/ or has anyone seen this before?

Dan

Yeah I know a couple of guys who just completed their apprenticeships with Stobart for Class 1 CE and they start work with them in Jan.

its a shame I live in Hampshire or i would be doing it as its a 3hour drive each way and i bet its a 6am start and you will be based up there for work aswell.

I’m on it, just done my class 1 and everything. Its a good thing to get on, I recommend it. They’ve just done the first interview for the second lot of apprentices but get an application in. its not a 6am start by the way :stuck_out_tongue:

Can you give more info on what you have to and that? Do you live far from the place?

I wouldnt mind doing that.

Could you just stay in a B+B nearby whilst doing the apprentership? Paying for it yourself of course. If there were tramping jobs offered then a long drive there wouldnt be too bad because its just one long drive there and one long drive back, prob end up doing same amount of miles as you would driving to and from work locally. Depending on where you live of course.

Ben

From what I have read on a few forums stobbys are now reducing the tramper jobs in favour of trailer swaps so that the units can be utilised better

I live in andover Hampshire and with a young family its a bit much plus the pay is 95 pound a month. I’m not sure I could live on that… but it does look good tho.

Dan_1986:
I live in andover Hampshire and with a young family its a bit much plus the pay is 95 pound a month. I’m not sure I could live on that… but it does look good tho.

That is below mim wage & less than you would get in unemployment benefit :open_mouth:

animal:

Dan_1986:

That is below mim wage & less than you would get in unemployment benefit :open_mouth:

Apparently its all above board. :open_mouth:

apprenticeships.org.uk/Partn … mWage.aspx

Must be £95 per week surely. ■■

Yeah sorry my bad it is 95 a week.

Dan_1986:
Can you give more info on what you have to and that? Do you live far from the place?

sorry not been on, been over at fleet on nights. its not £95 a week, they say that but you get £20 extra so its £115 a week. You start out doing the theory and case study, once thats done its onto practical training (good fun). You also go to other parts of the business to see what its all about which i enjoyed. Now we have our licenses its on to a few months driving with a mentor until March when we get to go out by ourselves. hope it helps.

Yeah that does thanks just one other are you based up there or can you be based down south?

Thanks Dan

you will be based in Widnes for the training and the mentorship stage but after that depending on where has vacancies you can move about.

sorry not been on, been over at fleet on nights.

That’s not far from andover… You from down this way or just were they needed you?

Dan

Stobart Fleet division is in Widnes. They have one or two people at other places but all breakdowns and accidents go to Widnes to be sorted there and then we ring people to go and help. On the isotrack the incident support line just goes straight through to widnes. Its a good system, the driver gets their problem sorted quickly.
You should apply for the course, one of the guys on it lives in folkstone and just got a flat up here, one guy lives in a b&b. Loads of people apply but you can apply again so its ok and if you do make the grade they put you on the next course so they don’t just leave you. if you want to get into the industry then i don’t think theres a better way.

Just realized I deserve some fireworks for passing my C and C+E. Also having a job is firework worthy too :slight_smile:

Do you have conditions of employment based on the fact the C+E was done through Stobart’s?

Yes, you stay with Stobarts for 2 years but I can’t see a reason to leave anyway. Nice job, nice equipment and you get celebrity-like status. When I’m in uniform I’m always getting asked about the company and people talk to me. Though maybe not as a trucker, one lady in Asda asked if i got free beer, when questioned she thought Stobart was a brewery. Talking of asda I do get asked where items are because the uniforms are the same apparently, apart from the completely different shade of green and it saying ‘Stobart’ then yeah its the same.

almost-truckin’:
Yes, you stay with Stobarts for 2 years but I can’t see a reason to leave anyway. Nice job, nice equipment and you get celebrity-like status. When I’m in uniform I’m always getting asked about the company and people talk to me. Though maybe not as a trucker, one lady in Asda asked if i got free beer, when questioned she thought Stobart was a brewery. Talking of asda I do get asked where items are because the uniforms are the same apparently, apart from the completely different shade of green and it saying ‘Stobart’ then yeah its the same.

I think you may be in for a surprise or two…

Hope I’m wrong. Good luck, you’ll need it if you’re contracted to do two years without the option of leaving…