Apprenticeship

Anyone heard of the driver apprenticeships that eddie stobart are doing? It looks a good way of getting your licences and geting work experience at the same time. I know alot of people dont like stobarts but i think it would be worth doing because you get your licence and a job gaining experience making it easier to move on after.
Here’s the link if anyone is interested
stobartgroup.co.uk/careers/t … ticeships/

That actually sounds pretty good to be honest. How come people don’t like Stobarts?

a good opportunity and it looks like there are 10 places too. great opportunity!!!

Damm they would do that after I found a job. I contacted them in 2009 to see if they did a full driver training scheme unfortunately they told me that they stopped doing that sort off stuff due to the economy. I really wanted to get my foot in the door too. I think people hate them for taking most of the work from smaller businesses and watching them close up.

This does seem a pretty good opportunity. At 33 however I would probably be maybe too old and I live in Glasgow so no depots near me. Maybe thats because I see Malcolms trucks all over the place here. Oh well, my triaining starts in October so hopefully by next year I will have found a job.

I sent my application away for it yesterday so fingers crossed, it a 18 month thing with 6 months training and 12 months working for stobart and a more or less garenteed place after you’v don your 18 months and they are only doing it out of there widnes depot, you need to get you application to them by the 5th of july if anyone is interested

ChrisMills:
I sent my application away for it yesterday so fingers crossed, it a 18 month thing with 6 months training and 12 months working for stobart and a more or less garenteed place after you’v don your 18 months and they are only doing it out of there widnes depot, you need to get you application to them by the 5th of july if anyone is interested

Be sure to let us know how you get on mate. End of the day it’s a job and you’re getting free hgv training!! Just remember you have too complete the apprenticeship and to get the job you need to pass everything :wink: :wink:

Good luck with it, keep us updated :grimacing: :grimacing:

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses: