Anyone on the books of/worked previously for

Driver Hire in Northampton.

Been in today to give them all my paperwork, and the guy I saw was a top bloke, seemed really nice, unlike every other agency bod I’ve ever spoken to.

Just wondered if anyone has worked for them before or is with them now, are they as good as I am making them out to be?

I cannot post my true feeling on Driver Hire in Scotland for fear of being banned. Suffice to say, they aren’t aligned with yours. I’ve worked for loads of agencies and DH in Scotland are the worst I’ve ever encountered.

Napoleon what branch of DH were you with?

mines has been a pain in the ■■■ sometimes but recently they havnt been soo bad.

gogzy:

mines has been a pain in the ■■■ sometimes but recently they havnt been soo bad.

Years ago, I worked for Grangemouth branch, but recently went through a very lengthy and involved online registration process to not even recieve a reply from any Scottish depot. Did recently work for the Govan branch for a week.

I don’t want to tell the full story of the horror of the Govan branch of DH again, because it will take too long and it will upset me :laughing:

This co. has been the subject of much previous discussion on here.

I believe the majority of offices are franchised and so do vary considerably in attitude & performance.

Driveroneuk:

I believe the majority of offices are franchised and so do vary considerably in attitude & performance.

thats right but they never get any good comments though.

Driver hire in peterborough are just a waste of time ive had no work from them since xmas , they have rang me a few times for me to do a job which ive agreed but as ive not been able to just drop what im doing and get there in a flash they then say dont bother and put phone up … one instance was they rang on a friday afternoon for a job out of parcel net which was fine, i said that ill be there in 40 mins time i got change got a few things together and travel there , No good i was told you need there within 10mins, dont bother i was told and they just hung up !!! would not waste my time even registering with them !!! just my thoughts though .

jessicas dad:

Driveroneuk:

thats right but they never get any good comments though.

Driver hire have had good reports from newbies in the newbies forum.

It does SEEM that, generally, they are more geared up for giving newbies a ‘way in’

Not heard such good reports from experienced drivers but saying that, my brother-in-law (30+years driving trucks) has had good work from them including fair pay etc - Leicester branch.

Napoleon88:

gogzy:

Years ago, I worked for Grangemouth branch, but recently went through a very lengthy and involved online registration process to not even recieve a reply from any Scottish depot. Did recently work for the Govan branch for a week.

I don’t want to tell the full story of the horror of the Govan branch of DH again, because it will take too long and it will upset me :laughing:

Im with the fife branch, i started out with them when i was 18 doing drivers mate work, left for uni and came back tot hem once i got my licence and ive had a good amount of work and we get on alright, though between october and janurary this year we never got on very well and i didnt get a bit of work.

though this week my phone hasnt stopped ringing from them, im off to do class one work 2day lol. i did work for the grangemouth branch when i was a drivers mate, spent 4 months at stirling council picking up all the old bins and replacing them with new ones, not bad job but always tried to screw me over on my hours.

i think i get work cause the same person who started me when i was 18 is still there and is the owner of the franchise so i get a bit of special treatment plus i rarely turn down a shift without a good reason.

I’ve re-signed with DH Shrewsbury (franchised :wink: ) [and am not a “newbie”]and must say they’ve been very good, OK they told me straight they’ve got more drivers than work, but do their best to “share what they have out”, they also don’t register anything but LGV/HGV drivers [preferably C+E/class 1] working that I can drive a van but a van {ie car licence} driver can’t drive C+E :wink: :unamused:

So that’s at least one good word on here about DH :wink:

garnerlives:
‘…Driver Hire in Northampton …are they as good as I am making them out to be?..’

Am proper heartened to learn that you’ve had a good ‘first impression’ of DH: I did too at their old Gt Missenden franchise ages ago.

Maybe give the happy-honeymoon a day to settle and begin comparing them with other agencies, eg, their hourly rate(s) (…though in fairness, Gt Missenden was hardly artic’ city which may account for their then derisory rate for class one when most of their jobs were either prestige car door-slamming/new delivery work).

I appreciate that life is more than about money …but I felt a mug with 'em.

ROG:
Driver hire have had good reports from newbies in the newbies forum.

It does SEEM that, generally, they are more geared up for giving newbies a ‘way in’

Not heard such good reports from experienced drivers

Perhaps that shows that experienced driver’s expectations are higher?

A guy I used to work with previously, was on the books with DH northampton, he had nothing but praise for them, and at the time loads of work too.

Be careful what you say on the net :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

Just rang the guy today asking about work, he said nothing doing at the moment, had a wee chat during which he said thanks for your comments, I had forgotten about this thread and so I said which ones?

The post on Trucknet :astonished:

A manager from another branch emailed him the link to look at :open_mouth: I said to be fair i’m the sort of person that if someone gives a good impression firstly and is helpful then I will tell others positive things about them, and to a degree believe in the whole karma thing.

Watch what you say now and then guys and girls, as things can come back to haunt you, good or bad, even when you post in the comfort of your own home with no thought of repercussions :wink:

Where abouts are they in Northampton garner■■? I walked all around the town today and couldn’t find them, then agin maybe I’m just being blind.

I worked for the Bedford branch, when Paul was in charge, and they was great. I got posted to Jewsons on the 7.5t, and almost got a full time job there. Went back on the coaches and gave Paul my dad’s number and he ended up working full time for Jewsons.

pm’d you mate

ayup jon,don’t worry too much about other peoples experiences with said establishment my friend,what’s acceptable to you may well not be acceptable to someone else,when i started on agencies i found being flexible to the max really helped put me where i am today…oh did i mention the rear steer is now dead? long story but it’s well and truly scrap :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: but alas i’ve aquired a replacement for a bargain,and it’s only 3yrs old :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: best of luck to you mate.andy.

ayup jon,don’t worry too much about other peoples experiences with said establishment my friend,what’s acceptable to you may well not be acceptable to someone else,when i started on agencies i found being flexible to the max really helped put me where i am today…oh did i mention the rear steer is now dead? long story but it’s well and truly scrap :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: but alas i’ve aquired a replacement for a bargain,and it’s only 3yrs old :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: best of luck to you mate.andy.

garnerlives:
Be careful what you say on the net :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

Just rang the guy today asking about work, he said nothing doing at the moment, had a wee chat during which he said thanks for your comments, I had forgotten about this thread and so I said which ones?

The post on Trucknet :astonished:

A manager from another branch emailed him the link to look at :open_mouth: I said to be fair i’m the sort of person that if someone gives a good impression firstly and is helpful then I will tell others positive things about them, and to a degree believe in the whole karma thing.

Watch what you say now and then guys and girls, as things can come back to haunt you, good or bad, even when you post in the comfort of your own home with no thought of repercussions :wink:

Good, I hope they read what I have to say. As far as I am concerned as a 10yr experienced driver who has worked for 5 or 6 agencies over prolonged periods, DH are by far the worst of them, with the communication skills of Joey Deacon without Mabel to interpret.

I’ve done some work for Haverfordwest (now defunct) and Swansea branches.

By no means the worst agency I’ve ever worked for, but I did once have a problem getting some night-out money back from them. Fortunately having been a consultant myself in a previous life, I do know the system a bit better than most so got it eventually.