Driver hire

So i’ve heard that driver hire put you through training and employ afterwards,its gotta be to good to be true or everyone would be going to their local office.

why would they do that? what they gaining from this?why not employ drivers that have a licence already seems odd?but good if its true :smiley::D:D:D

rather than just saving money and employing experienced drivers
anyone know anymore about it? thoughts on it?

All the best guys!
:slight_smile:

I believe that others on this site have done so with them but they also said they they pay lower than other agencies and you are under a fixed term contract - try putting driver hire into the search facility at the top of this page and see what else you can find :smiley:

I’ve been down to my local DH today, although my local franchise won’t upgrade your license, they’ll get you a HIAB/ADR and will pay you non HIAB/ADR rate for 3 months.

As for upgrading B - C, C - C+E, you’ll be tied in to a 12 month contract, and you can buy yourself out on a pro rata basis.

Remember DH is franchised and not all franchises have the same offers.

If you’ve got a good rappor with them, they’ll bend over backwards (not related to another thread btw), to help you.

There currently looking for work for me and haven’t shut the door in my face, like some agencies, because I’ve only just passed. They have a good rep within the local job market and are fairly good at what they do, however I dare say, there’ll be some franchises that are better than others.

Thanks for the response fellas :smiley:
Will drop by my local office this week and see what they can do for me :slight_smile:

I e-mailed my local DH office (Edinburgh City) about a week ago with that same question. They weren`t even decent enough to reply with a “thanks but no thanks”. Shower of gits!!!

colinb:
I e-mailed my local DH office (Edinburgh City) about a week ago with that same question. They weren`t even decent enough to reply with a “thanks but no thanks”. Shower of gits!!!

These are franchises often run as a family business. Because of this they are very carefull who they will fund - at the end of the day it is their own profit/wages on the line. They will not just offer money to any one who emails.

Try phoning them up and making some enquiries. Make an appointment to register with them. It’s only when they’ve had a chance to talk to you/meet you that they will be prepared to get the cheque book out.

Good luck.

They don’t pay very well, there are other better paying agencies out there.
I keep them as my standby if there’s nothing else…

hello

wisemans dairy have their own cat c training lorry at livingston test centre. if you got a job on a van or 7.5 t you might get an upgrade after a while :wink: .

not sure if this the case but why else would they have a training lorry :question:

also you can get money if you use certain training providers in scotland £100 - £200 but i fould they providers they used were more expensive(see link)

ilascotland.org.uk/ILA+Homepage.htm

Have been registerd with Driver Hire for 18 months and my local office offer no help with any upgrade of licence HIAB ADR etc. If you want it its up to u to go get they said. Work is on its ■■■ at the min and its a real struggle to find even a days work i with five other agencies as well and no of them can find me work at the min. but hey chin up onwards and up wards