Anyone need a drivers mate?

I guess this is a bit of a long shot but thought it was worth a try.

Just wondered if anyone needs a drivers mate or knows of any companies that might be looking to take one on preferably in East/South/North Yorkshire or North Lincolnshire area?

The plan is to eventually upgrade my license so I can get into driving but until I have the cash saved up I’d like to do something related in the mean time so drivers mate is about the closest I can get.

I’ve emailed a few companies local to me but no joy yet. Happy to work as and when needed rather than every day if that works out better for someone, great on the maps and paperwork and don’t mind getting my hands dirty. Just want to get some experience

If anyone knows of anything please message me or post on here

Thanks

Owen

I know P&H use driver mates but that’s in the north west. Think they have a depot in Leeds …dunno if that’s to far…and see if they use them for the class c multidrop

Thanks i’ll have a look for them. I’m only 30 mins from Leeds so not too far if they do have a depot there

Cheers

Anybody else know of anything?

Thanks

Try Currys or Argos.

Any company that does home deliveries will use drivers mates.
Eg Expert Logistics,
Breezemount (does Ikea stuff, if you’ve got an Ikea near you, pop in)
Or any furniture or bed delivery company, whether it be a national one like Furniture Village, Harveys, Bensons etc or the local ones that the stores use for local one off deliveries (enquire instore).
Failing the direct approach, try ringing a couple of agencies, as they used to provide drivers mates to us during peak periods.

Thanks David,

That’s given me a few more options for people to contact

Cheers

Owen