Anyone going to france on tunnel in the morning?

Wouldnt mind someone to talk to going on my own for once and its gonna be rammed with foreigners lol I’m going to tipping half hour drive away at about 7 so will be around tunnel at half 8 , 9 ish dont mind hanging about a little bit in parking area

Danny27404:
Wouldnt mind someone to talk to going on my own for once and its gonna be rammed with foreigners lol I’m going to tipping half hour drive away at about 7 so will be around tunnel at half 8 , 9 ish dont mind hanging about a little bit in parking area

I heard there’s a guy that hangs around the parking area that will be your friend for £20 :laughing:

Steve-o:

Danny27404:

I heard there’s a guy that hangs around the parking area that will be your friend for £20 :laughing:

lol the one who isnt a friend of scanners? They are getting a problem again at dunkurqe so not gonna enjoy coming back friday if there is any delays.

Around that time in the morning there will be plenty of non foreigners about. You are likely to see Brits from DHL, S & J Pierce, Nedexco, UPS, Carr Brothers, DSV and several other firms. There will more than likely be Willsborough Transport about and they are driven by either British or Irish lads. If you see a DHL it could be Jimboy124 from this site as he will be at the train about then.

You’ll get plenty of time to make new friends in “Operation Stack” tomorrow :wink:

Coffeeholic:
Around that time in the morning there will be plenty of non foreigners about. You are likely to see Brits from DHL, S & J Pierce, Nedexco, UPS, Carr Brothers, DSV and several other firms. There will more than likely be Willsborough Transport about and they are driven by either British or Irish lads. If you see a DHL it could be Jimboy124 from this site as he will be at the train about then.

OH rite my normal time is 12 on the train never gone that early. They still 1hr ahead now? just thought of that or are they on par with us since ours went forward?

Operation stack is diversion to a2 then in the back way to train if thats possible

Coffeeholic:

It would be nice if you could put a picture of jimboy on this site Neil, just to be sure that Danny gets the right bloke.

To be fair if someone asks if I am English. I give a quick gallic shrug and roll open Le Figaro. I can cover the date on the paper and the sad headline about Francois Mitterrand :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:

Coffeeholic:

It would be nice if you could put a picture of jimboy on this site Neil, just to be sure that Danny gets the right bloke.

You don’t need a picture, if he is there you will know it. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:
To be fair if someone asks if I am English. I give a quick gallic shrug and roll open Le Figaro. I can cover the date on the paper and the sad headline about Francois Mitterrand :stuck_out_tongue:

I usually mutter something in German and open Mein Kampf!

I’m surprised at you Malc, I left that wide open for you to mention Nedexco driver’s but you didn’t bite. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Danny27404:

Coffeeholic:

OH rite my normal time is 12 on the train never gone that early. They still 1hr ahead now? just thought of that or are they on par with us since ours went forward?

Still one ahead, the whole of Europe changes the clocks at the same time.

Danny27404:
Operation stack is diversion to a2 then in the back way to train if thats possible

Unfortunately, the Filth wised up to our little trick two or three years ago… you’ll be joining the queue :wink:

oh rite so how does it work? i’ve never been involved in it… 1 lane for ferry 1 for train?

Danny27404:
oh rite so how does it work? i’ve never been involved in it… 1 lane for ferry 1 for train?

I have never been involved in it, we are local to the tunnel so if Stack is in place we just delay the movement until it is over, unless the customer will pay the demurrage. Normally they don’t want to and are content to wait.

Danny27404:

Yep, they park train traffic on the left of the motorway and ferry on the right.

great thanks matrix’s miss that stuff lol Just like when you get on the train no one explains the bus’s thing and someone always gets the wrong one when they get off lol

Danny27404:
great thanks matrix’s miss that stuff lol Just like when you get on the train no one explains the bus’s thing and someone always gets the wrong one when they get off lol

If you struggle with that here’s a tip. Sit facing the end of the carriage with the door you boarded through, you will still be able to remember which it was as you sit down but may have forgotten 35 or so minutes later, :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: then leave the train by that door and you will be on the correct bus.

Simples.

Alternately, don’t go more than half-way down the carriage. You would think that a simple divider strip placed there would not be too difficult an idea but it obviously hasn’t occurred to them…

Harry Monk:
Alternately, don’t go more than half-way down the carriage. You would think that a simple divider strip placed there would not be too difficult an idea but it obviously hasn’t occurred to them…

But that would interfere with those drivers who have to sit next to the coffee cart at all costs and regardless of the door they entered through. That isn’t me BTW, I very rarely drink the stuff on there.

Coffeeholic:

Harry Monk:

But that would interfere with those drivers who have to sit next to the coffee cart at all costs and regardless of the door they entered through. That isn’t me BTW, I very rarely drink the stuff on there.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: “Your Addicted to the stuff” :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

The coffee on there makes me wanna pee all day… a divider would be a good idea but then again after been stuck on it for 5 hours when the trains went bad at christmas all we got was a small free coffee no bloody food they just couldnt get through their heads were starving… i made the mistake of the wrong bus the first time i got on there oh how small i felt lol

kenno78:

Coffeeholic:

Harry Monk:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: “Your Addicted to the stuff” :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

I like coffee, they don’t sell it on there. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: