Coming back to the uk

well as some of you know i have been looking for work over here in france, but due to something not in my control possibly racism by the french i havent been able to find a thing. :cry: :cry: :cry:
so it now looks like i will have to come back to the uk, and find work .
i am looking at tramping or international being away all week, and having the weekends off, as i will only have to find accomadation for 3 nights a week this makes sense.
i have got an application form for stobbarts running out the crick depot on tramping does anybody know what they are like to work for and havent they got a depot at harlow?
idealy i am looking in the cambridgeshire, essex, herts areas as these are close to where my family live so if anybody hears of anything could you let me know.
cheers guys and could quite possibly see you out and about soon
cheers
chris

what about DENBY as they do 90% of their work to and from france,
or try saints transport, or gefco, what about curries either direct or a
subbie that pulls for them, hope you find somethin quick all the best,

to me id would have thought you would be ideal candiate for one of the big euro jobs cos they could give you change overs … so they own drivers are home more and so are you.

Caveman,you must know for sure the the unemployment rate ove here is on average over 10% and in some places as much as 15%,the french are a bunch of â– â– â– â– â– â– â–  you and I know that but will still live in france.
Like you I have had some crap jobs here but tell I the froggies to â– â– â– â–  off when they try and take the â– â– â– â– ,if you have worked in france like you say why not wait out the two years and take the money?

As I am also looking for Euro work and have been getting application forms etc, I can tell you that Curries have no direct Euro work, they will include a list of contact numbers for there subbies, with the form they are sending me. I’ll send you a copy of the numbers, when/if I get them mate.
Stobarts will base you near home, on Euro work.
Gefco look like a good bet, if you want to live in France and work out of the UK.
Denby pay a bit on the low side, according to the info’ I have (could be duff info’ though). (For bit read, a lot :open_mouth: ).

There are also stacks of Belgian and Dutch companies doing regular France who would be only to happen to employ someone who lives in France don´t limit yourself to French companies.
For example I live in Spain and work for a Dutch company

thanks guys, any contacts would be useful.
i will have to be based back in the uk as we are selling up over here, due to my sister and her husband moving back due to personal reasons.
i have got accomadation sorted in duxford at a friends place and it is 30 seconds off the m11 so can be north or south in not very long at all and i am on the look out for a cheap car so will be mobile as soon as i get back.
i know what you mean about the french froggy, i have done everything they have asked of me and still got nowhere so back to what i know.
also the amount of redtape is really starting to bog me down, you think you are nearly throu it then they chuck a load more at you :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:
problem is i love it down here and will be sad to leave, there is all ways holidays i suppose :cry: :cry: :cry:
cheers again
chris

Sorry to hear of all your problems Chris, I really thought you had got it sussed with TNT and your story makes me realise how lucky I was to get sorted so quickly and relatively easily here.
But that is just what it is - luck. As I said before, I wrote to 13 companies, made follow up visits to most of them and got only 2 replies, both negative. Then got a start by a chance meeting. Come to think of it the same applied throughout my career in the UK and Oz.
If it wasn’t for the fact that your home base is disappearing I would say that you should stick in there, but you know your situation best.
All the best back in Blighty, but remember, you will still need persistance and luck.

Salut, David.

thanks david, i have never had a problem finding work back in blighty and always been able to hop from job to job without a problem, i hope it is still the case!!
i also have age on my side as i am only 28 so dont have the insurance problem and have experiance as well so that should help.
i can rope and sheet a trailor if need be and tie a bloody good double dolly, how many 28 year olds do you know who can do that?? :wink: :wink: :wink:
right had better get on and find some work
salut
chris

You are so boring me now I can offer you a roof and a job, your ok your body is safe if not I can get you a cardboard box if none of the rest suits, you know where I am. Oh and yes I’m in a foul mood!