Any improvements on the tunnel situation?

Hi. I’ll be coming to the UK on my next trip, aiming to arrive at the tunnel on this Saturday, late afternoon or evening. I know no-one on here has a crystal ball, but what’s the best guess? Would I be better off getting the ferry from Calais anyway, or are the issues with the tunnel resolved now?
Thanks!

Personally I wouldn’t bother using the train. The amount of time it COULD SAVE you if outweighed by the amount of time it will PROBABLY LOOSE you.

Thanks! I’ll have a word with my boss, and let him know the situation.

It’s been ok since the Friday before Xmas. And expect it won’t get busy again til after new year.

I would avoid any ferry or train on 4/1. The next load of ski trips are going out and every boat and train will be rammed with ■■■■■■ up, loud mouthed, jumped up tossers. Oh, and me driving some of them.

mucker85:
I would avoid any ferry or train on 4/1. The next load of ski trips are going out and every boat and train will be rammed with ■■■■■■ up, loud mouthed, jumped up tossers. Oh, and me driving some of them.

I know what you mean, our first tests of the year used to coincide with private school half term. All you’d see from Calais to Lyon was British registered Volvo, Audi’s, BMW’s and 4x4’s with ski racks on them. And they all seemed to stop for the night at the same hotel in Reims that we used, the restaurant was filled with loud hooray henry types ordering food in English because, unlike us lowly truckies, they couldn’t be asked to try and speak a bit of French.

cost me 3 hrs last night and it wasnt even busy

chester1:
cost me 3 hrs last night and it wasnt even busy

Thats quite swift for a Friday night. After 10pm on a friday they switch to single line running to conduct maintenance. Usually looking at a good 4 hours from booking in to boarding the train.

Thank god I only use the North Sea ferries, no hold ups, a bed for the night and fed in to the bargain.
You can keep the channel crossings

Thanks for your suggestions folks. In the end, I decided to go for the tunnel - keeping my fingers crossed. Thankfully I made it through without any delay and am now enjoying my first pint of Smiths in the bar at Ashford truckstop.