Euro tunnel to Clermont-Ferrand

Hi, as the title say’s,we need to be in Clermont-Ferrand 07.00 local time on Mon. We’ll be coming off the tunnel Sun evening, and will be in an artic, but only carrying 2 tonnes. Not had a lot of experience in France, and my question is can we travel via Paris, as this would be the shortest route, with the best chance of getting there on time.

Any sensible suggestions gratefully received, cheers in advance. :wink:

Dont bother leaving the tunnel before 10pm french time due to driving bans, and that looks a fullish card from calais.

Thanks J’s Dad.
We’re aware of the 22.00 start, and the 07.00 del time means shortest route, but I’ve always avoided Paris before.
Card not a problem, as me and her both drive, but a long busy day-night-day. . . . :open_mouth:

At that time at night Paris should be light on traffic.

You can do cf in 8,30hrs goin thro paris on peripherique will be dead by time u get there don’t bother goin 104 will put 30km on it

for my two pennys worth.

I would go down to paris on the A26 and A1 and for 30k’s at 2am I WOULD use the 104, it might cost you and extra 20 mins but you will be round on the limiter all the way. bare in mind, now I don’t know about sunday nights but the French like to do repairs to the peripherique during the night and you may find it closed.

let us know which route and how long.

( nedbro knows more than me )

You’ll ■■■■ it in one hit. Crack on.

Its about 440 miles so I would say leaving Calais at 10pm local you will struggle to be there at 0700, once you have had a couple of coffee & comfort breaks you’re be a tad late…just my opinion. :slight_smile:

jessicas dad:
I would go down to paris on the A26 and A1 and for 30k’s at 2am I WOULD use the 104, it might cost you and extra 20 mins but you will be round on the limiter all the way. bare in mind, now I don’t know about sunday nights but the French like to do repairs to the peripherique during the night and you may find it closed.

trucks are banned from the peripherique from 10pm to 6am anyway, the tunnels on the a86 might be a problem though. I’d head straight in and if the matrix says a86 closed, I’d take my chances with the peripherique. with a 7am delivery in clermont, every minute counts I guess.

truckertang:
Its about 440 miles so I would say leaving Calais at 10pm local you will struggle to be there at 0700, once you have had a couple of coffee & comfort breaks you’re be a tad late…just my opinion. :slight_smile:

They’ll be ok if , as he says they can double-man it.

No Gendarmarie radar traps at night so can push on a bit but the Douanes tend to control at the peages all night but are after cars and vans normaly.

What they using a bottle going along, that’s a bit extreme. :slight_smile:

I’d say eta 0730 local :slight_smile:

Thanks for all the replies.

We left the Total garage at 21.50 local, headed down A26, A1 and went round the peripherique, no problems, and traffic was pretty light. ( The ban is inbound to Paris 06.00 to 10.00, can’t interfere with the Parisians on their way into work. . . . .)

Stopped at 1st services south of Paris for a card change and fuel up, a pee and a coffee each, wifey then took us south to the N88 while I checked out the inside of my eyelids, another card change, and got to C - Ferrand bang on time, only problem was we’d been given Michellin’s HQ address, and got to the test track at Ladoux 07.35 local ! Tipped ok so no real worries.

Once tippeded it was on to Monistrol Sur Loire for a reload, and headed north for a couple of hours before calling it a day at 17.00 local time. Set off again just after 02.15 local, and we’ re now off the boat on the way up to Morpeth to tip 10 ish tomorrow morning.

Yes we do cover some ground in a shift, and yes we will both use a bottle on the move,( a 1.5 litre washing liquid bottle does it for me, while hers has the top cut off at an angle cos her aim isn’t as good as mine Ho Ho.)

If you find that a bit extreme Truckertang you ain’t lived, with the top cut down she has to empty hers every time it’s used, so don’t stand too close to a maroon Daf XF if you see the moon followed by the window coming down. . . . . . . . .

:wink: I’m glad you only missed my guess at arrival time by 5 mins, obviously i knew about the different address, lol, i must admit I’m happy to use my lenor bottle when needed but that’s in the privacy of my truck :slight_smile: and by myself, the wife doesn’t like the spray :slight_smile: glad all went well…

Trucking Turner:
Thanks for all the replies.

We left the Total garage at 21.50 local, headed down A26, A1 and went round the peripherique, no problems, and traffic was pretty light. ( The ban is inbound to Paris 06.00 to 10.00, can’t interfere with the Parisians on their way into work. . . . .)

Stopped at 1st services south of Paris for a card change and fuel up, a pee and a coffee each, wifey then took us south to the N88 while I checked out the inside of my eyelids, another card change, and got to C - Ferrand bang on time, only problem was we’d been given Michellin’s HQ address, and got to the test track at Ladoux 07.35 local ! Tipped ok so no real worries.

Once tippeded it was on to Monistrol Sur Loire for a reload, and headed north for a couple of hours before calling it a day at 17.00 local time. Set off again just after 02.15 local, and we’ re now off the boat on the way up to Morpeth to tip 10 ish tomorrow morning.

Yes we do cover some ground in a shift, and yes we will both use a bottle on the move,( a 1.5 litre washing liquid bottle does it for me, while hers has the top cut off at an angle cos her aim isn’t as good as mine Ho Ho.)

If you find that a bit extreme Truckertang you ain’t lived, with the top cut down she has to empty hers every time it’s used, so don’t stand too close to a maroon Daf XF if you see the moon followed by the window coming down. . . . . . . . .

Bloody hell. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: My missus won’t even use a proper loo if it isn’t immaculate…She’d have a fit peeing into a bottle. Good on the lass for mucking in! :laughing: :laughing: