Anyone else stuck in Thurrock?

What a joke this is, hour and a half to do 2 miles and I’m still 1.5 to delivery at p&g I’ve got til 2200 before time runs out and nowhere to park even if I am tipped before 10. Am I able to drive somewhere safe after? Bearing in mind it could take hours over my shift? I don’t even know where I could go any ideas? Services and truck stops will be rammed and don’t want to be paying for a ticket off council :frowning:
They’ve shut the QF2 bridge which has just caused ■■■■■■■ bedlem :laughing:

park the truck up and get the train home, leave it to the gaffer to sort out

isn’t that what you usually do? :unamused:

if you get on a bay just before your times up then just draw a line around the truck in chalk and go asleep. its the law :wink:

and don’t forget the traffic cones on each of the five bays either side of the truck :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

shuttlespanker:

Can you do me a favour then and check timetable out for me :slight_smile:
I was on a night out anyway and always could be so always ready. Just wondering if takin a parking ticket will be cheaper alternative to vosa man hammering me with fines as work won’t want to pay I am hoping to stop in yard but doubtful they’ll let me.
Borrocks.

I forgot to bring chalk :frowning:

dave:
if you get on a bay just before your times up then just draw a line around the truck in chalk and go asleep. its the law :wink:

OllieNotts:

dave:

you can get a good line by using a soft stone, just as good as chalk :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Excellent idea, can I demand good facilities to once I’m legally parked there?

yes, don’t forget, after 4 hours, you can claim a free meal from their canteen :wink:

OllieNotts:

shuttlespanker:

Can you do me a favour then and check timetable out for me :slight_smile:
I was on a night out anyway and always could be so always ready. Just wondering if takin a parking ticket will be cheaper alternative to vosa man hammering me with fines as work won’t want to pay I am hoping to stop in yard but doubtful they’ll let me.
Borrocks.

you have obviously got internet access, do it yourself ya lazy git :unamused:

OllieNotts:

dave:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Thats a big fine if VOSA catch you

Well we can’t park in the yard and its packed down here queue is big. One of the lads here on digi card is on about pulling his card out as he runs out at 9 and carrying on but surely he’d be better leaving it in and writing on a print out?
I noticed an IKEA down the road does anyone know if its any good? looks like there’s loads of room but don’t want to wake up with a clamp.

If you can get to Botany way Purfleet you will be ok to park. I work for Youngs down there and see lads parked up over night with no probs.
If You can park near our gates cctv will cover you :smiley:
Ikea not a good idea I think clampers operate there and all around Motherwell way :imp:

Clampers…surely not for much longer■■?
That whole area will be overrun with Taliban parked up…

OllieNotts:
One of the lads here on digi card is on about pulling his card out as he runs out at 9 and carrying on but surely he’d be better leaving it in and writing on a print out?

He would be. Going over and showing it on the card at worst maybe £60 - £180 and probably nothing with an explanation and he doesn’t carry on for hours. Falsifying records, which is what he would be doing by pulling the card and driving without it, is a Level 5 offence which carries a maximum fine of up to £5000 and/or 2 years in prison.

If you have to exceed the limits for any reason it is always better to show it than try to hide it.

Thanks coffee I thought that to I’ll keep mine in. It’s ridiculous there’s nowhere to park though titan is full as I expected so It looks like joining more queues to Iet back to the services and hope I can get in there :unamused:
All because of a bit of wind :smiley:

Coffeeholic:

OllieNotts:
One of the lads here on digi card is on about pulling his card out as he runs out at 9 and carrying on but surely he’d be better leaving it in and writing on a print out?

He would be. Going over and showing it on the card at worst maybe £60 - £180 and probably nothing with an explanation and he doesn’t carry on for hours. Falsifying records, which is what he would be doing by pulling the card and driving without it, is a Level 5 offence which carries a maximum fine of up to £5000 and/or 2 years in prison.

If you have to exceed the limits for any reason it is always better to show it than try to hide it.

x2

That’s what I’ve done.

15hrs, 45 mins, thanks to that ■■■■, 4.5hrs from Grain to Tilbury, can’t plan for that ■■■■, and, as you said, all layby’s and services are full, so next safe place was our yard at Tilbury docks.

P&G wont be desperate for the stuff anyway, just go to bed and wait until the morning, at least they will be expecting you :laughing:

Well I’ve just been woken up by the owner of a yard I found a space in across the road from delivery place and he isn’t happy :smiley:
I told him I can’t move yet or I’ll be driving without a tacho and he’s thrown a mardy and said he’s ringing the police so I said good they’ll give me yes or no to driving without a tacho. But will they write on a print out for me or is it yet the risk of more fines because of this ■■■■■■■ bridge closure?