What's the score with parking around Thurrock?

Assuming your company won’t pay for the services (nasty smelly hole that it is) or truckersworld (or whatever it is called).

I have the misfortune to be looking at several nights out around here upcoming, and had a real issue the other night finding somewhere suitable that wouldn’t attract a ticket,and would also be possible to get a half decent nights sleep. Still didn’t sleep well.

Was impressed with the half dozen people that warned me off about my attempted spots though, most in the vicinity of London wouldn’t ■■■■ on a burning corpse, but these went out of their way to warn me of the parking restrictions. :slight_smile:

Where I need to be is behind tesco as near to the Ibis hotel thingy and the new eurostar flyover as possible. Quiet as possible, so I can murder those prostitutes in peace and cut them up into little pieces without interference.

Any advice appreciated folks. Thanks.

■■■ hole of a place, the first time i parked there i spent 45mins trying to find somewhere to park, all the laybys were full but i did manage to find one with a space at the front, so i pulled in and put the unit up over the kerb and onto a 1ft wide strip of tarmac so it was away from the road, i woke up in the morning and had a ticket for having my front wheels up over the kerb and on a public footpath, it wasnt even a used footpath. ■■■■■■■

I was parked outside Barlowworld handling with 2 bobcats on, back doors open and woke up to find a 17’ stanley knife cut in the curtain

trouble being around that area is parking is hard to find for free, you have titan truckstop but as you say you dont want to pay, i no layby’s that i use that are over the crossing but again you have to pay for crossing, if your early you can park on a13 but usually full, there is hgv parking for free off the a2 gravesend, but again thats over the crossing, there is parking down off the a10 jct25 m25, first left stay on that road for a few miles over a few roundabouts and keep going till you see a bestway on your left turn left there and there is a lidl down there parking around there. sorry the directions are vague

head towards london on the A13 just after the dageham docks junction u will ■■■ to a slip road leading to a road that runs by the side of the A13 u can park there no problem all night i parked up ther at 3am in the morning after doing midnight deliveries in london park on the left hand side of the road so ur away fro mthe traffic.there is pub at the lights so if u get to lights after missing the slip road turn right and right again quite safe aswell and u can walk back to asda at dagenham to get food or kfc if u do not mind a 10 min walk.

postcode ripple road london IG10 0 off renwick road

They’re shutting Titan though ain’t they?

Saw a classic spot, on the roundabout where you would turn in to Thurrock services, there is a small track cut through the centre of the island, saw Johnny, bold as you like parked up for the night/day/weekend slap bang in the middle of it with about an inch to spare either side. Made me chuckle.

if you turn right at the island where you would normally turn left into the services, goto the next islannd turn right, next island turn right, this is a service road with a dead end at the top, you can usually back into one of the service areas and park up there. I parked there without trouble, no signs or double yellows, I do have a fridge on so wouldn’t feel easy parking anywhere round there with a curtainsider.

Haven’t been that way for 3 months so this info could be defunct!

I normally park on the middle of the big roundabout where the Thurrock Services turnoff is, enough room for about 6 wagons there. I am normally there at about 3 or 4 so have enough time to get in there first. Easy to walk over to the services for a shower and then walk down into Lakeside for food etc!

Silver_Surfer:
They’re shutting Titan though ain’t they?
Saw a classic spot, on the roundabout where you would turn in to Thurrock services, there is a small track cut through the centre of the island, saw Johnny, bold as you like parked up for the night/day/weekend slap bang in the middle of it with about an inch to spare either side. Made me chuckle.

its still open for business, i heard that rumour last summer somethink to do with planning permission, i was also told the local residents were complaining but i carnt see that being true because its an industrial area but its still open, though its not a good sleep during the day

andi_cardiff:
I normally park on the middle of the big roundabout where the Thurrock Services turnoff is, enough room for about 6 wagons there. I am normally there at about 3 or 4 so have enough time to get in there first. Easy to walk over to the services for a shower and then walk down into Lakeside for food etc!

I have seen that quite often, cant be very peaceful though, bloody tankers screaming round all night and woke up to 5 or 6 other lorries round you. I think it started off life as a long load bay and occasional ministry check point.

I also see trucks parked on the hard shoulder on the exit of the tunnel

Wheel Nut:

andi_cardiff:

I have seen that quite often, cant be very peaceful though, bloody tankers screaming round all night and woke up to 5 or 6 other lorries round you. I think it started off life as a long load bay and occasional ministry check point.

I also see trucks parked on the hard shoulder on the exit of the tunnel

I dont find it too bad to be honest, you do get the occasional boy racer going past with a screaming exhaust but other than that I dont mind it there and aim to stop there whenever I can! Plus having a tank on the back myself I dont have to worry about slashers!

Truckworld seems ook, bit sketchy though.

Botany Way, Purfleet. If you park near our yard, Youngs, cctv will cover you. Pretty quite.
Titan still operating,sounds like council will allow Titan to continue operation, having a private session that has annoyed the natives as findings will remain secret.

or you have always got the worlds end pub aound the corner from maritime and 31 berth in tilbury. I can recomend the rubber chicken and chips