Tesco Thurrock

Off to thurrock tonight for the first time in quite a while. Anyone tell me if they enforce the ‘no driver waiting in cab’ rule there or are they (hopefully) easing off a bit like some of the others?

yeah they do enforce it but they let you use the canteen when its open. to get to canteen, turn left out of waiting area and go about 50 yards then in through main door and up stairs following signs.

waiting room is ■■■ just wooden benches and thats it. to my mind they ought to get a big sign made up saying DRIVERS YOU ARE WORTHLESS SCUM to save you the 2 seconds it takes to work out what they think of you for yourself

Thanks for that - I had a choice of Weybridge (which I’ve done regularly recently but thought I’d have a change) or this one - should have stuck to Weybridge!

Thurrock used to be one of the better tips, is it still ok or is it as bad as some of the others now? (I’ll be there about 2am (snow permitting))

i had a 730am booking last week, wensday i think and i was there at 730 am exactly and out at 9am so not too bad probably could have been out earlier but went to canteen for breakfast. when i got back i was done

other advice for thurrock take a small motorbike on back of cab to get from bay to goods in office its miles if you are at an end bay lol!

incidentally what you do is this. park opposite goods in and see them they will give you a bay number and your paperwork back. put one bit of paperwork in back of trailer (they will explain what bit) and park on bay. go back to goods in with rest of paperwork and keys and then they will start on you

canteen aint too bad breakfast was £2.80

Weybridge have they still got that stuffed mooses head on the wall wearing a hat and smoking a ■■■?

all the best Harry

Sounds like the tipping procedure hasn’t changed - they used to give you a bag to put the notes in from what I remember & I well recall the long trek if you were are the far end bays - hopefully they won’t have too many in at 2am.

Yes, Weybridge still has the Moose’s head etc. - I think that was the one bit of humour from them & they haven’t had any since - waiting area is just as grim & a bit chilly these days - hence liking to be able to sneak back to the cab.

Regards