Anybody know about this firm?

Picked up a copy of Truck and Driver today and saw that R.H.Stevens in Macclesfield are advertising for drivers both UK and European. Was just wondering if anyone knows anything about them, Ive got the wage details just wondering what they are like to work for.

Paul

an old boss of mine went to school with one of the bosses sons …some pubic school somewhere…that aside companies click below

minehttp://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/e … 713#result

hitch… did you say “pubic school” on purpose? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

JB:
hitch… did you say “pubic school” on purpose? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

lmfao :laughing:

PMSL :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :astonished:

r.h.stevens is a very well established company and have had the pleisure of their drivers company in the past…tidy equipment…fair wages…but at the end of the day give them a ring and get it sorted
good luck

they used to run a large amount of swiss work paul, the blokes i met all seemed happy enough… its renault premiums though :open_mouth: :wink:

I spoke to their european guy yesterday and application form is on its way. Had a quick chat with him regarding wages, time away, destinations and all seems ok, told him what euro experience I had and he seemed pleased enough and said just to fill the form in and call down for a chat and take it from there.So I will keep you all posted as events unfold but hopefully I will be back over the water in time to stock up the bar ready for xmas.

Cheers, Paul

I’m surprised they are recruting in the UK as if it’s the company I’m thinking of (green motors & got a depot nr Heathrow) then they use a lot of East European drivers.

I’m not entering a debate on the rights & wrongs just saying thats all

Your thinking of a different firm NSH, R H Stevens vehicles are white and a sort of orange/brown colour.

R H Stevens

Thanks for that Neil I was a bit puzzeled as to them (the company I was on about) recruiting Uk drivers

I know what you mean. :wink:

Many (too many) years ago, I used to work for a firm who subbied to RHS, on swiss, and I can’t remember the rates, but I do know it was good money.
I have also worked direct for RHS, on UK work. The guys there always treated me well, and the pay and motors were good. However this was when the Old Man (what a star he was too !) was still alive, although I had direct dealing with both his sons.
Lately all I have had to do with RHS is 3rd hand work for them, but always find them courteous (sp) and professional.
Sorry if it isn’t much help, but tis the best I can do.

Good Luck

north surrey haulage:
Thanks for that Neil I was a bit puzzeled as to them (the company I was on about) recruiting Uk drivers

the company your thinking of are recruiting english drivers sean :open_mouth: … and the advert in nottinghams evening post said “average earnings between 28 and 35k”… MY ARSE!

Cheers everybody, Ive got a good feeling about this 1 and just waiting to get and see them. I used to know a couple of their guys through running down on a sunday for the boat with them and they seemed pretty happy with the job but that was 6 yrs ago or so now and things could have changed. Im not in no rush , ive got a well paid job at the mo but I just need a change buit I do have to make sure I’m not jumping out of the frying pan into the fire as they say and i’ve always found that the best way to find out about working for some one is to ask the guys that already do the job.

Cheers Paul

if you get on paul give my regards to “wobbly bob beaton”. he runs european for stevens, he`s an ex rh driver. just dont go drinking in muttenz with him :laughing: … he aint called wobbly for nowt!