Anybody driving a '60 plate truck?

I’ve yet to actually see one, seen plenty of '10 plates appearing recently, barring stobarts has anybody on here taken delivery of one??

Gaz at Boughey’s has one, he did post a pic of it on here somewhere.

We have a 60 plate Scania 440 auto with tipping gear cant tell you what its like because i"m not allowed to play with it :cry: :cry:

I’m not personally , but our Northern lads are getting a load ( not sure how many ) of 60 plate MAN 440’s , started arriving on Monday last week . A few have loaded out of Rugby this week .

D Steven’s of Wick / Scrabster have at least 1 Volvo FH13 520 seen it the other day think it was the one that was on volvo stand at truckfest Scotland

Boughey have 5 x 60 plate MAN’s and 5 new Volvo’s are due next week

What 1960s

Ive seen a handful, same with cars… Recession still hard?

Weve got one at our depot, then some 11 plate ones next year, will believe it when i see it.

weve got 2 (mccarthy haulage) dafs…dont think they will let me loose on them yet as ive only been on the artics 2 weeks,although i ve been out in a couple of 59 plate stralis and 08 merc actros,both nice to drive but the merc edges it for me.

the big un:
We have a 60 plate Scania 440 auto with tipping gear cant tell you what its like because i"m not allowed to play with it :cry: :cry:

Drove a scania auto on a '10 plate not last night, the night before and (if that’s anything to go by) you’re not missing much, I hated it after about an hour so was happy to dump it after 10 :laughing:

followed a red scania 60 plate last night on trade plates. Must have just been painted as the 5th wheel and rear axle filter were clean and the same red as the rest of it :laughing:

Bibbys at Elland have got quite a few. Saw them from 1st sept so must have been delivered a couple days earlier.

I have seen a Turners of Soham 60 plate MAN and a few others, not many though. I have seen loads of 60 plate cars though.

Yeah ,i was given my new one today.
mercedes Axor 1840 bluetec5 not a bad ride really.

Met 6 60 plate (on trade plates) in fowler Welch colours yesterday.
RBR from Nth Walsham have at least 3 60 plates.

Knowles have at least one, as I’ve seen the same motor a couple of times.

Ken.

I think I’m line for a '60 motor, trouble is the lead time is about 5 or 6 years at our place. :laughing:

I’m driving a 10 plate Scania R400 6x2 Hi-Line at the moment. I was informed by the TM last Wednesday that it’s being replaced with a 60 plate Scania R440 6x2 Hi-Line in October. I’ve only been with the company a month or so… The longer serving blokes have 57/58 plate Scania R480 Toplines with all the toys (including leather seats) and are reluctant to swap them for the R440s.

As far as I’m concerned, they can keep them… Leather seats are uncomfortable on long distance because you’re constantly having to adjust your posture due to sliding around on the leather; I’d much prefer cloth seats. I don’t see much difference between the Hi-Line and the Topline. You lose the shelf below the lockers but there’s still enough room to stand up in the cab (I’m 6ft 1in)!

Bob

maritime have got some 60 plate mercs