A few 'proper' scanias

Just see your post , When I was a kid my dad drove for Ron wood and Jimmy Mace . I’m unable to view your posted photos but it sounds like the trucks your taking about where all parted down ridham docks …
I’d love to see the photos you have or any that any body Else has as all the photos that were taken when I was a child got lost In a house move ten years ago :cry:

One of Ron woods streamliners just sol on eBay for £8000

He was running a mixed fleet of Scania 131 , 111 , 2 X 143m a Volvo F89 , G88 , F16 , F10 , F12 leyland Marathon, Ford cargo & ERF B Series . Have searched the net but have found no photos :neutral_face:

Thought id chip in with a few pics for you all.

14337_1219723104585_1574135807_30573481_7487443_n.jpg

These arent my pictures, borrowed them off a mate.

Trailer load of oldies off for export.
No doubt they will be stitched back together

still working pulling for fowler &Welsh see it regular in Holland

A couple of ours

a 1991 vintage

Ocado Hatfield last week

no 4 series here!!!

sorry about the quality, they were scanned in and my scanner isnt great and is playing up a bit at the mo…

i have a lot more, when i can be bothered to scan some more in i will update the thread

hope you enjoy…

Nice pics there mate, especially the 111 at the top. Is that stoneguard big enough on the Atwell motor :open_mouth: not sure about the chrome blokes on the front of the white yellow and red 143 either though :confused: I loved the143 i had, i dont think there was anything better on the road at the time, everyone wanted to have one.

is that you posing with it!!! i think they were the pinnacle in scanias career, downhill from there!!

that pink one was driven by some woman, well she was female but not very lady like!! :blush: :laughing:

thanks both of you ,very nice photos all round,

Top pics euromat thanks for sharing them with us. Update on the old pink panther scania, i passed johns place and its gone he wasnt in at the time so dont know if hes sold it or its moved into his workshop for a bit of restoration.

nianiamh:
Top pics euromat thanks for sharing them with us. Update on the old pink panther scania, i passed johns place and its gone he wasnt in at the time so dont know if hes sold it or its moved into his workshop for a bit of restoration.

fingers crossed for a resto eh?!! would be a shame if it ended up as paperclips…

once i scan some more in, i will post them here

right as promised, here are some more. i will probably stop with these as im thinking about doing a proper volvo thread at the weekend if i get time if people are interested?

anyway, enjoy…

euromat:
…im thinking about doing a proper volvo thread at the weekend if i get time if people are interested?

I’m interested

I see you got some Ron Wood snaps there. Was that the Ron that married SCA’s office girl & then they sold up & went Canada…?

YES please as regards the VOLVO pictures,

and thanks a lot for your last selection of

Scanias, very nice indeed,