A few 'proper' scanias

Class pics mate… Scanias 143 450 was the best motor ever…

I would take one tomorrow over any of the plastic fantastic motors of today.

harry:
I see you got some Ron Wood snaps there. Was that the Ron that married SCA’s office girl & then they sold up & went Canada…?

pass to be honest, i believe he is still going, or the name is still on trucks i spot now and again kicking around the uk…

brit pete:
YES please as regards the VOLVO pictures,

and thanks a lot for your last selection of

Scanias, very nice indeed,

ok i will strat scanning soon!

harry:
I see you got some Ron Wood snaps there. Was that the Ron that married SCA’s office girl & then they sold up & went Canada…?

don’t think it’d be same one harry, the photo one was (is?) based at queenborough on sheppey and ran (runs?) milton concrete pipes around

he was a mate/acquaintance of a lad from sittingbourne i used to work with - apparently mr wood was a bit of a prize fighter in his time and although a top bloke according to john, NOT a man to be crossed :open_mouth:

jj72:

harry:

don’t think it’d be same one harry, the photo one was (is?) based at queenborough on sheppey and ran (runs?) milton concrete pipes around

he was a mate/acquaintance of a lad from sittingbourne i used to work with - apparently mr wood was a bit of a prize fighter in his time and although a top bloke according to john, NOT a man to be crossed :open_mouth:

i got told he turned up chauffeur driven to the fuel protests a few years back by a couple of heavies, i had heard not to cross him!!

lovely trucks though

Not the same Ron Wood then.

Great Pics as usual Euromat. Is this one ex- W Carters by any chance? I know they had a lot of these and it’s the same colours, but the shade of green might not be quite right (plus it doesn’t seem to be Suffolk reg’d)?

If it was Carters it would have “Suffolk Sweetie” or something scrawled on it. :laughing:

that scania is a SAMAR MOTOR WHEN NEW. prob done more miles on the fuse than on the clock. think it was chippys motor. will look for my old diaries and confirm. ta

r slicker:
that scania is a SAMAR MOTOR WHEN NEW. prob done more miles on the fuse than on the clock. think it was chippys motor. will look for my old diaries and confirm. ta

do you mean sanmar

i dont have any of the scanias, but i do have this…

my dad was at devannys at the time this truck was bought new, he told the devanny brothers went to see when sanmar ( silver birch ) went out the game about buying a couple of the scanias but further inspection showed that they were missing alot of parts and the engines had all been tampered with.

when i say missing parts i mean they ahd taken the good stuff off and flogged it and put on crap.

Anyone remember Cliff on SanMar…?

all the trucks where “tampered with”. the engine out of mine went into a 2538 that the lease company where snatching back. the engine from the leased motor disapeared in the night :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: needles to say when the snatchers arrived they just got in and drove away in a 2538 that had a 35 engine in it. and a knackered one at that lol.

harry, you mean cliff bury? union man… no i dont remember him lol… he was at devannys for a good while aswell, last i heard he was doing swiss out of leeds JD will correct me on this mind??

globby 480:
harry, you mean cliff bury? union man… no i dont remember him lol… he was at devannys for a good while aswell, last i heard he was doing swiss out of leeds JD will correct me on this mind??

yes it was cliff berry, he is tgwu rep for yorkshire or something… he still does quite a few swiss trips for devannys at 73 :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

SORRY its so poor quality a pict not 100% sure how to use the scanner other than for e mailing time sheets !
but this was my mates 143 , class motor

globby 480 Yes, thats Cliff alright. Ex-RSM. The last time I saw him I was just coming out of Paris with a load of swinging beef for Algeria & I had a front wheel blow-out. He stopped to help & then we met again in the Centre of Lyon at a routiers for lunch… 73 !! And still trucking…!!! He has got his priorities right. Pack-up & Crack-up…Thats what retirements all about for a long distance trucker…

Fallmonk Put your snaps in one at a time. Click PHOTO. And then click PREVIEW.When the size f the snap is shown click SCAN. :smiley:

cant see your photos harry. white box with red cross :cry: :cry:

harry:
Fallmonk Put your snaps in one at a time. Click PHOTO. And then click PREVIEW.When the size f the snap is shown click SCAN. :smiley:

cheers harry :laughing: