New Truck Tuesday - GUTTED!

I’m probably the most ungreatful spoilt brat on here but my lot are taking my 60 plate Volvo off me and giving me a 61 plate TGX-XXL… identical to the last MAN i had!!!

An operational descision has been made to put our Volvo’s all on container work… i tried to argue but got nowhere!!!

Gutted to be loosing the FH, its a great tool… That said the MAN’s are fully loaded so i shouldn’t moan!!!

As of next Tue those of u who i flash at look out for me in a 61 plate one of these.

oh you poor poor soul i do feel your hurt , bless … :grimacing:

I get a new truck every 6 year we bond a great deal, unlike you driving a new truck every year you ■■■■!

■■■■… How Very dare you!!!

I got very attached to my 04 plate

and my 05… and the 06… the 56 was nice… the 07 i had for 3 YEARS!!! The first 60 plate was a brief fling, the 2nd 60 has been over a year!!! i do get the feeling that this 61’er will be a 3 year affair though, settling down in my old age!!!

Gaz:

and my 05… and the 06… the 56 was nice… the 07 i had for 3 YEARS!!! The first 60 plate was a brief fling, the 2nd 60 has been over a year!!! i do get the feeling that this 61’er will be a 3 year affair though, settling down in my old age!!!

i thought you were still on an ovlvo :blush: saw one of the 61 plates on tuesday in shrewsbury

poor you, i have a volvo now, and can’t stand it, much prefer the MAN for size and comfort :slight_smile:

phantom309:

Gaz:

i thought you were still on an ovlvo :blush: saw one of the 61 plates on tuesday in shrewsbury

That would have been the last batch of 61 plates last month, the last 15 are arriving on Tuesday! I have been on a Volvo for the last year and a bit!

grahamzx6r:
poor you, i have a volvo now, and can’t stand it, much prefer the MAN for size and comfort :slight_smile:

Depends on the Volvo, mine was a very high spec with all the toys, i didn’t want to loose it! The MAN is bigger but not as creative with the space!

Gaz:

grahamzx6r:

Depends on the Volvo, mine was a very high spec with all the toys, i didn’t want to loose it! The MAN is bigger but not as creative with the space!

everytime i stand up in the volvo i crack my head or shoulder on the front lockers, be ok if i was a midget lol :smiley:

More like a boasting thread IMO

bubsy06:

Nah! Bubsy A boast is if Gaz got the new 750bhp Volvo! And was on a grand a day to drive it! :wink:

bubsy06:

Whatever! I’ve had more new trucks than hot dinners, i boasted when i got the Volvo coz it was a truck worth having! I’m not a big fan of the MAN to be fair, yeah its a decent truck but not my favourite. If i am boasting its just that i work for a company who buy us top kit and pay us well. If i was to boast about having a new MAN i’d just re-post last years post!!!

But cheers for your positive input! :grimacing:

Gaz:

bubsy06:

Whatever! I’ve had more new trucks than hot dinners, i boasted when i got the Volvo coz it was a truck worth having! I’m not a big fan of the MAN to be fair, yeah its a decent truck but not my favourite. If i am boasting its just that i work for a company who buy us top kit and pay us well. If i was to boast about having a new MAN i’d just re-post last years post!!!

But cheers for your positive input! :grimacing:

Thats what you more or less did :wink:

Sorry maybe you missed the point… where i said for those of my mates on here (And i have a few)… just saying i was in a different motor as of next week!

Sorry if this upset you pal… maybe inbox me if ur looking for a better job, if ur any good maybe i can help you out■■?

Gaz:
Sorry maybe you missed the point… where i said for those of my mates on here (And i have a few)… just saying i was in a different motor as of next week!

Sorry if this upset you pal… maybe inbox me if ur looking for a better job, if ur any good maybe i can help you out■■?

Not if I have to drive a 61 plate MAN :wink:

Shame really, as a United fan and a Welshman you’re a decent bloke on paper!! :unamused:

Another one to be gutted about losing his FH,got phoned on Thursday to be told to take all my kit out as my truck was going back to Volvo as it was 3 yr old,is my 61 plate FH here then like the rest of the drivers had I asked,no your having a 58 plate Scania that’s had the ■■■■■■■■ knocked out of it on day’s and nights for the past 3 years!!
■■■■■■■ wonderful,that’s you reward for looking after a truck for 3 yrs!!

Gaz,any jobs going lol??

Nice big cab smooth and quiet, very good brakes, Why complain it’s not as if you’re being given a Scania or a Daf.

I know that sinking feeling i have a 60 reg Volvo FM 460 Globetrotter and i am supposed to be getting a new Daf CF spacecab in the next couple of weeks.But the first 2 that have been delivered have been absolutley crap bits falling off them heavy on fuel and Ad Blu etc etc.Ive been told i cant keep the Volvo either someone else is waiting for it :open_mouth:

my last day in my 440 globetrotter 57 plate Monday, then into my new 61reg XL500 Tuesday. Not bad for a day driver! :smiley: