Any Ideas?

Just got a new (old) wagon this week and it has been driven by a smoker for a few years and I cannot get rid of the tobacco smell.

Anyone know the best way to get rid of it?

try a bit o fabreeze,can get anti tobacco stuff,ok to spray on cloth headlining bunk etc?take curtains out n run em thru washin machine?

things that you cn remove and put through the washing machine, remove it and wash it, things like the interior panelling, if it is plastic panels, use a suitable cleaner such as G101 (from Auto Smart), if the panels are fabric, use a cleaner, then something like Fabreeze.

oh, and plenty of airfresheners :slight_smile:

i know what it is like, i have been there and done it, also, one of my ex drivers used to smoke, the driver who took over the cab had it fully valeted before he moved in

its plenty of hard work but what i do is …

a couple of bottles of kitchen mr muscle cleaner, a bucket, sponge, source of water and plenty of bath towells. then i take this lot away and when on a bay or parked up go for it :stuck_out_tongue: any plastic or rubber mats give it a through clean and it will come up like brand new. you can do the same with fabric cleaner but it still doesnt come up so well, also take the curtains home and give them a good wash with fabric conditioner. after that lot shouldnt be too bad just used plenty of freshners.

how you enjoying the general haulage instead of cars. :question:

take up smoking! :open_mouth: you wont notice it then! :laughing: :laughing:

not going to help now its starting to get very cold but one way is to drive with the windows down all day, you will be surprised how much this will get the smell out. only other option is a large spray can of febreeze and squirt everytime you stop. it will soon get rid of the smell. might take a day or so though

try a couple of pots of Neutradol

Years ago my Mrs used to clean truck cabs on a Saturday for a bit of pin money and one of the best things to clean the non-porous surfaces with is an aerosol disinfectant bathroom foam cleaner - spray on - leave for 10 mins - wipe off with damp cloth - sorted :smiley:

• OH, leave the cab doors open whilst doing it and to air out afterwards - it is strong :exclamation:

I’m sure if your gonna stay there you want it smelling good in the cab try and i know this may cost a few quid a valet there’s plenty of mobile companys about that will do the interior take everything you can out and wash using a conditioner before having it cleaned and put it back in after

You could ask the “old” driver to clean it or pay for it to be valeted as they were not supposed to be smokin it it since July 07 when the ban came into force in England

Or the boss for that matter :unamused:

I think one would need to look at Harry’s post on the laws.

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=37334 All is made clear on here :unamused:

Plenty of elbow grease and cleaning materials, it took a whole Saturday to clean my last truck, but the boss paid me overtime plus the dry cleaning bill, better than paying someone to valet it, quids for me and cheaper for him.

jessicas dad:

a couple of bottles of kitchen mr muscle cleaner, a bucket, sponge, source of water and plenty of bath towells.

Bloody hell Alex!!! Sounds like you’re about to deliver a baby! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

2 pieces of cotton wool.
shove a piece up each nostrel.
job done. :smiling_imp:

LOL Shek and Churchill!! :smiley:

Windows open and fabreeze always works, if not a nice cigar gets rid of the ■■■ smell!

bowserman:
Just got a new (old) wagon this week and it has been driven by a smoker for a few years and I cannot get rid of the tobacco smell.

Really?

I can’t believe people in Newcastle smoke!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

TC

Sprinkle bi-carbonate of soda onto soft furnishings, leave it a while & vacuum-up . It’s more organic/green/neutral than Shake ‘n’ Vac whilst being great for spinkling into dodgy shoes/trainers to shift the niff too…

(Mixed into a paste, left to dry & then vacuum it’ll shift matress, er, ‘marks’ …should the bunk need it. Don’t ask…)

Shrek:

jessicas dad:

a couple of bottles of kitchen mr muscle cleaner, a bucket, sponge, source of water and plenty of bath towells.

Bloody hell Alex!!! Sounds like you’re about to deliver a baby! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

no no no neil i havent stopped at the stockyard for ages :wink: :wink: :wink:

Maplins had a steam cleaner for £20 the other day when I went in, I’ve heard they are pretty good at getting rid of smells.

Alex

Women do cleaning lessons at school.
So get one of them to do it.
They are put on this earth to serve men.
Tell her not to speak with her mouthfull.

You really are a brave man phil :smiley: