Ex Smoker

I know this will upset half of you but, I gave up smoking 25 years ago & can’t stand the smell of it now.

I know that the company needs to use some of the tractors for the night trunk, but they keep using mine even though other ‘Smokers Units’ are available.

I had a problem with someone actually smoking in the cab a few weeks ago, that’s been sorted now, but the trouble is- the same driver still uses my tractor & every morning it stinks of smoke (off his clothes) even the bedding & pillow stinks of smoke residue (so he’s laying on ‘My Bedding’ yuk !)

Question is- is there anything I can use to get rid of the smell, quickly ?

I have both windows open & use an air freshener spray, but the smell lingers for a couple of days, I’m looking for some thing a bit more instant.

Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks.

Nuetradol spray is the weapon of choice.

Smells a bit chemical itself but better than smoke.

Tell the bell end to open a window when he’s smoking or if you want to be arsey, it is illegal to smoke in a company vehicle…

I have a similar problem ,we don’t have a designated vehicle and simply take whats suitable/available .I find a dilute mix of zoflora in a squirty bottle works well.ok its a bit tarts boudiour ish for a while but not as sharp as neutrodol .ps a quick squirt in my work boots keeps them fresh too .

Not many wise people smoke these days.

Dieseldoforme:

Who told you that ? :laughing: id rather smell smoke than some scruffy barstewerd with BO !

Cheers Chaps, I think I’ll try both & report back on them.

Let the Tests begin !

(Viking Test Facilities are up & running, as soon as I get to the shops !)

He doesn’t actually smoke in the cab anymore, but he will stand next to it or jump in as soon as he’s finished one of his nails.

Have a water pistol and zap his cig every time you see him smoking, unless he’s a brick ■■■ house :wink:

Put bangers in his ■■■■ :slight_smile:

Put a cheap smoke alarm just behind and above the drivers seat away from somewhere that it an easily be reset and screw the battery chamber in with an unusual headed screw.

As for smell, febreeze (3 quid) is pretty good and a bottle seems to last a decent amount of time. Also ive got febreeze car ( 5 quid amazon smell) that is also good but don’t last that long in a lorry running 24/7 1-2weeks.

merc0447:
As for smell, febreeze (3 quid) is pretty good and a bottle seems to last a decent amount of time. Also ive got febreeze car ( 5 quid amazon smell) that is also good but don’t last that long in a lorry running 24/7 1-2weeks.

That’s what I’ve got on the coach for when somebody ahem has a ■■■ on board :wink:
Also for when water gets spilled on the carpet for some reason it smells like someone’s trod dog ■■■■ into…

Same problem, I reluctantly quit a year ago for an operation now can’t stand the smell and I can pick up the slightest whiff. Khama I suppose. The sandalwood fabreze is a nice, fairly neutral smell and definitely works as well as scrubbing the controls with a wet wipe :slight_smile:

Im a ex smoker and cant stand it when someones been smoking in my cab if I’ve been away on holiday so what I’d do is …play him at his own game, go buy some ■■■■ spray from a joke shop and give the cab a good spraying at the end of your shift. He’ll soon tell you to stop doing it then you can tell him that you’ll stop when he stops making the cab smell of minging ■■■ smoke. It probably won’t work but his face will be a picture when he first gets in that cab!!

So he has to do a full shift without being able to put his feet up because a lazy tramper that thinks he owns the truck can’t be arssed to take his kit out ■■ Move your kit out then this poor driver that now stands outside for a smoke can relax without upsetting you :grimacing:

Try pointing out the fact that it’s illegal.

shytalk:

Dieseldoforme:

Who told you that ? :laughing: id rather smell smoke than some scruffy barstewerd with BO !

A Scruff with Bo a few years ago..jpg

martinviking:
Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks.

Smoking in the workplace is illegal. The workplace includes truck cabs.Trouble is the stinking dirty gits clothes stink of the stuff as well so it could be from the gipping gits clothes.

Get rid of the smell by punching his head in

The main difference between those who smoke & those who don’t, is . . . We don’t mind if you don’t smoke.

I fekkin hate reformed & born again non smokers, when it comes to a battle of the wits between us . . .

Hey, I’m not the one whingeing about it & I’m still smoking in the truck.

Its always been a problem for me because i’ve never smoked.

This geezer isn’t smoking outside the cab, the only way the smell is that bad is because the smoke is getting into the fabric of the seats curtains and your bedding…i bet if you cleaned the windows with a white clean damp cloth it would be filthy yellow afterwards, same as the inside of the smokers lungs for the short time he has left.

My vehicle doesn’t get smoked in by others, and it doesn’t stink like you describe simply because a smoker gets back in the cab after having a ■■■, our company would take action and the job is too good to lose to risk it for a cig.

The only way you will cure this is to get written with it if speaking to the guilty party doesn’t fix it, you will have to put a complaint in writing to the company, then something will get done…make sure you leave your vehicle spotlessly clean and swept out, then check the floor and dash for ash when it stinks the next day, you’ll find it sure enough.
You won’t be popular because the selfish think they have a given right to do as they please.

Juddian:
You won’t be popular because the selfish think they have a given right to do as they please.

Another whining non smoker…