Ex Smoker

Confront your weakness.

martinviking:
I know this will upset half of you but, I gave up smoking 25 years ago & can’t stand the smell of it now.

I know that the company needs to use some of the tractors for the night trunk, but they keep using mine even though other ‘Smokers Units’ are available.

I had a problem with someone actually smoking in the cab a few weeks ago, that’s been sorted now, but the trouble is- the same driver still uses my tractor & every morning it stinks of smoke (off his clothes) even the bedding & pillow stinks of smoke residue (so he’s laying on ‘My Bedding’ yuk !)

Question is- is there anything I can use to get rid of the smell, quickly ?

I have both windows open & use an air freshener spray, but the smell lingers for a couple of days, I’m looking for some thing a bit more instant.

Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks.

Shoot him.

I stopped dead oe Saturday over 4 years ago, never touched one since, even after keeping an open pack in my cab for a while and I had been smoking 40 - 60 a day for 40 odd years.
I never complain about others smoking, even my wife does it, I miss smoking very much and now wish I actually ahd the guts to start again but I am terrified I will be hooked again. Can I come and sniff your cab please, just the aroma still makes me want one so much :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing:

Some great comments, for & against- shoot him, punch him :laughing: lazy Tramper, whining ex smoker :unamused: illegal :smiley: , put bangers in his ■■■■ :laughing:

Trouble is- he’s an ok bloke, just like most smokers he doesn’t realise how offensive it is to non smokers & a lot of ex smokers. Once my space has been Impregnated with some ones ‘Stinky Smelly Smoke’ it takes a while to get rid of it.

I was even on my Bandit going home last night & the bloke in front at a set of traffic lights was steaming away like Puff the Magic Cancer Dragon, needless to say I didn’t stay behind him for long because I could do something about it. When someone smokes in my cab or even gets in the cab with the smell of Early Death Sticks on 'em, it lingers all day, winding me up in the process.

So 1st I’m gonna try Nuetradol, & if that doesn’t work for me I will try zoflora followed by the ■■■■ spray, punch & finally the gun. :laughing:

Bandit ■■ Ha ha buy twenty ■■■■ and get yourself a proper bike !!

:wink: :grimacing:

Yea, I could get an old ‘kettle’
But then I’d be contradicting myself, with the Smoke Emissions. Lol

Have a ■■■■■ in his kettle

Juddian:
Its always been a problem for me because i’ve never smoked.

This geezer isn’t smoking outside the cab, the only way the smell is that bad is because the smoke is getting into the fabric of the seats curtains and your bedding…i bet if you cleaned the windows with a white clean damp cloth it would be filthy yellow afterwards, same as the inside of the smokers lungs for the short time he has left.

My vehicle doesn’t get smoked in by others, and it doesn’t stink like you describe simply because a smoker gets back in the cab after having a ■■■, our company would take action and the job is too good to lose to risk it for a cig.

The only way you will cure this is to get written with it if speaking to the guilty party doesn’t fix it, you will have to put a complaint in writing to the company, then something will get done…make sure you leave your vehicle spotlessly clean and swept out, then check the floor and dash for ash when it stinks the next day, you’ll find it sure enough.
You won’t be popular because the selfish think they have a given right to do as they please.

:smiley: :smiley:

merc0447:
Have a [zb] in his kettle

I was talking about a Suzuki GT 750, Classic Bike. Lol.

What the ■■■■ did all the non smoking do good ■■■■■ do before it was against the law to smoke in the workplace ■■?
o that’s it just get on with it,

spanish vimto:
What the [zb] did all the non smoking do good [zb] do before it was against the law to smoke in the workplace ■■?

It’s not a case of being a “do good ■■■■■ but for someone who doesn’t smoke or has never smoked is it right for you dirty stinking smokers to inflict your filthy smelly habit on other people?
Would it be ok to have a smelly ■■■■ in your cab on my night trunk and left it??
The smell to a non smoker is possibly as offensive,so try being a bit more respectful and understanding to other people’s working environments,it’s illegal and that’s that,“do good ■■■■■ or not. :unamused:

Tell him to get himself one of these -

I smoked 20 a day for 8 years, got one of these two weeks ago, not touched a cigarette since, no cravings for one whatsoever.

I can smell again, my chest doesn’t hurt all the time, and best of all, I CAN ‘SMOKE’ IN THE CAB ALL DAY LONG, LEGALLY, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY TO ALL YOU MOANERS (!), ODOURLESSLY! :smiley:

Where did all these people hang out before smoking was banned in pubs.

I smoke in my wagon, and the only reason anyone knows, is because they have seen me doing it. I make no secret of it, boss knows, all he said was that bed seen me smoking in my cab.

Still the cleanest wagon on the bank.

Bikemonkey:

spanish vimto:
What the [zb] did all the non smoking do good [zb] do before it was against the law to smoke in the workplace ■■?

It’s not a case of being a “do good [zb]” but for someone who doesn’t smoke or has never smoked is it right for you dirty stinking smokers to inflict your filthy smelly habit on other people?
Would it be ok to have a smelly [zb] in your cab on my night trunk and left it??
The smell to a non smoker is possibly as offensive,so try being a bit more respectful and understanding to other people’s working environments,it’s illegal and that’s that,“do good [zb]” or not. :unamused:

Who said I was a smoker ■■■■■■■■■, think you need a ■■■ and chilli the ■■■■ out, but just for the record if I was to use your cab on a night trunk I would start smoking, I just find it funny how people get so uptight about it now

Bikemonkey:

spanish vimto:

It’s not a case of being a “do good [zb]” but for someone who doesn’t smoke or has never smoked is it right for you dirty stinking smokers to inflict your filthy smelly habit on other people?
Would it be ok to have a smelly [zb] in your cab on my night trunk and left it??
The smell to a non smoker is possibly as offensive,so try being a bit more respectful and understanding to other people’s working environments,it’s illegal and that’s that,“do good [zb]” or not. :unamused:

+1

PaulNowak:
Where did all these people hang out before smoking was banned in pubs.

I smoke in my wagon, and the only reason anyone knows, is because they have seen me doing it. I make no secret of it, boss knows, all he said was that bed seen me smoking in my cab.

Still the cleanest wagon on the bank.

I didn’t used to mind it in pubs, being an ex smoker, it was my choice to use a pub or not. But I drive the same wagon 5 days a week & occasionally night out in it, keep it clean & jet wash it every week. The night Trunky Monkeys just jump in the first wagon back, never clean them, sometimes don’t even fill 'em up.

I was amazed when one jumped in mine a few weeks ago, shoved his digi card in & drove it straight out of the yard ! When I asked him the next day, if he had done his checks he looked at me as if I was an Alien “No, I just put my card in & drive” was his answer ! (They don’t even get issued with a defect/check sheet-work !)I’d love Vosa to stay late one night up at J14.

That’s the attitude I’m getting at with this thread. Self,self,self ! People need to consider others & smoking in people’s work & living space is totally inconsiderate as far as I’m concerned. (So is leaving their wagon parked up, with out reporting defects, grrrrr)