Getting rid of the smell

so after only a year in the office I have decided to go back on the road. I have been designated a 12 plate daf 105. only down side it has been used by every man and his dog and absolutely reeks in there of ■■■■ and bo! so Friday after my last shift in the office im taking the curtains down and matress cover and washing them. any other ideas or tips to help getting it fresh again■■?

get some spray on carpet cleaner on the headliner , all the nasty smells go up , especially ■■■ smoke . in fact do every fabric surface that can’t be taken out . i was a heavy smoker , but gave the cab that treatment regularly and the non smokers said they couldn’t smell it in the cab .

Right I would get a bucket of soapy water and wipe every surface I’d also put a little detol in the water aswell then when dry wipe with a baby wipe then use some dash spray with a microfibre cloth.
Washing the curtains and mattress cover will really help also.
Chrome northwest do a product called odour kill that is very good at getting shut of nasty smells and I have one of those air wick automatic air freshner things that spay out ever hour or so,keep cab smelling fresh.

Get company to pay for a valet. Shouldn’t cost more than £30 or so for an interior valet including getting seats steam cleaned…

conor if only they would do such a thing unfortunately I have the gracious task of deep cleaning myself :slight_smile: I will take a bucket sponge and Dettol some spray flash and see what happens I thing I may overload the washing machine with fabric conditioner for the curtains!

If you leave a dish of white vinegar in there overnight, it will remove all odours, the next day leave windows open for a few hours to get rid of the smell of the vinegar, then Roberts your fathers brother!

(Used to buy and sell cars - this is an old trick told to me by a car valeter, always worked for me in getting rid of the smells of animals, snouts and people!)

Conor:
Get company to pay for a valet. Shouldn’t cost more than £30 or so for an interior valet including getting seats steam cleaned…

I agee have a word with local ■■■■■■■ valet fellas,they did a full valet on one of our units for one of the drivers,watch it though the silly gets put flash dash on the floor and pedals,very dodgy :open_mouth:

I know of at least one driver who does that himself. Was interesting driving round the yard but it wore off by the time I’d hooked the trailer up.

They charged the same price as if was a van,i think it was 40 quid for full valet ,inside and out,bang on , :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Rob Mac:
If you leave a dish of white vinegar in there overnight, it will remove all odours, the next day leave windows open for a few hours to get rid of the smell of the vinegar, then Roberts your fathers brother!

(Used to buy and sell cars - this is an old trick told to me by a car valeter, always worked for me in getting rid of the smells of animals, snouts and people!)

Works best if you put a dish cloth soaked in white vinegar in a bowl in the cab overnight, will get rid of any smell, no matter how bad.

Had a rental that smelled like a couple of boy scouts had died in it, left a bowl with a dishcloth in overnight and the smell was gone and never returned either.

Returned the unit after a week, smelling and looking better then it ever did. We never did use those guys after…

rob mac and wheelnutt any idea how big of a bowl to use■■?

jimmypk:
rob mac and wheelnutt any idea how big of a bowl to use■■?

A dishcloth in a cereal bowl will do the trick. A soaked dishcloth will help it evaporate easier then just a bowl of vinegar.

Airwick sell battery operated timed air fresheners that you can mount over either door with a piece of velcro, that will squirt a scent a few times an hour overnight while you park it. ebay.co.uk/itm/like/16072146 … 0&ff14=108

Get a different scent every time it runs out so you don’t get used to it.

Yankee candle burning overnight does a good job.

You can get the small bottles of “Zoflora” scented disinfectant. Dilute some down and put it in a spray bottle, spray around everywhere all nooks and crannies in the floor too. Excelent stuff, i swear by it. Any Supermarket has it.

Mike-C:
You can get the small bottles of “Zoflora” scented disinfectant. Dilute some down and put it in a spray bottle, spray around everywhere all nooks and crannies in the floor too. Excelent stuff, i swear by it. Any Supermarket has it.

Smells bang on that stuff aswell,i used to put a few drops on magic trees when they lost their smell,top tip :wink:

Get some Fabreeze.

Get a spray bottle of Febreeze and mix a capful of Zoflora, smells great and disinfects at the same time :smiley:

seth 70:
I agee have a word with local ■■■■■■■ valet fellas,

i,m ■■■■■■ if i,m pulling up in the truck and asking a Romanian for a ■■■■■■■ ! :open_mouth: :laughing:

rambo19:
Yankee candle burning overnight does a good job.

smells great in the morning :grimacing:

Sounds like you need to mark your territory. Establish dominance by ■■■■■■■ on the passenger seat.