Any experience of these companies?

Hi everyone. This is my first post, so please be gentle with me.

I just passed Class two and I’m waiting for my licence to come throgh the post.

Have any of you ever worked for Wiseman Dairies (Bellshill)/Ramage Distribution (Glespin)/MRS Distribution (Bathgate)?

These are all companys I’ve been told recruit new and young drivers. I’m 21, so it’s a little harder for me to find a company willing to take me.

I’ve driven buses for a little over 3 years now, so as you can all imagine, the training and test was a piece of cake. I’m well aware the learning only starts once you get out there working. I’m too used to just sitting on my back side all day in a new auto bus!

So anyway, have any of you had any bad or good experiences with those companys? Does anyone know where Ramage deliver to/collect from with the Class two’s? I live in Glasgow so Glespin is a bit of a journey. Ideally I would only drive that far to get to work if it was for staying away for a few days at a time.

Finally, does anyone know of other companys in and around Glasgow that would recruit new drivers whom are only 21?

Thanks,

Steven

:smiley: hello and welcome

Ramage run all over Scotland from Glespin. They have the contract for the Au Naturale store distribution. Also Abru ladders to hardware stores etc. Electrical goods for Bosch including IIRC some home delivery. They also do the scottish distribution for Baylis and a few others. They did just takeover UFD a short while ago. Don’t know whereabouts the UFD depot is up there though. They have a lot of fingers in a lot of pies. I have done a lot of work out of the Wigan depot for them and been up to Glespin many times. I have found them pleasent and helpful to work for, not just a chuck you the keys outfit. Any problems at drops / collections and I have felt like I recieved good backing from the office. Although some of the equipment, whilst being legal can be pretty old and battered. Although they do appear to be improving the fleet. :wink:

Good luck and I hope this helps :smiley:

Thanks for the information!

I gave them a call the other day making sure they inderstood I was 21 and the lady said she would send out an application form.

I’ve driven past the Glespin depot a few times and I did notice they had some old scrappers. Do they do nights away with class 2? Any idea what the pay/hours are?

Many thanks,

Steven

Ive worked for Ramages.

I guess your prob lookin at dayshift.

Basically about a 6am start and finish whenever. They keep you busy, never be running empty. Usually all over central scotland.

You never really know when you will be finished, guess some people dont mind that i prefer to know roughly what i am gonna be doing. What i mean is some places will give you X amount of drops that day so you kinda know if it will be a long or short day.With ramages you wont know till much later on.

Some days can be out do a few runs get back at 4pm and told thats you for the day, other days get back at 5pm and your sent out again.

The trunks to Wigan are pretty easy, basically down the M6 drop a trailer pick one up off you go.

Units vary from being really scabby old heaps, X-Y reg dafs to new ones. Typically tho if your agency or new prob gonna be in a old thing. I got a 56plate once was shocked but then it started to rain and found sunroof to be leaking !

i havent worked for MRS myself but i know 2 guys who have. one is a tramper for them, the other USED to be. the reason i have never touched them is the fact that they advertise class 1 pay as £6.70 per hour. i have been informed that the class 2 drivers are run ragged

worked for the muppet road show wont say any more as always its your choice nothing to lose go for it wisemans seems to average from 40+ drops up and they do some miles :exclamation: surprised me last week when i spoke to one of there older hands but a jobs a job and ive had some crackers we all start at the bottom of the evolutionary scale on driving ie weve all had to knock our pans in just the way it is :laughing: (edited you can make money at wisemans and thats what its about)

sent you a pm stevo