Anyone work/worked for these companies

Ramage, fresh freight, fowler and welch, tyneside Express and Bruce express? I’ve been making a few phone calls and set up a few interviews. Fresh Freight tomorrow and Ramage Wednesday. Any info at all would be great. Thank you

Cant give you the info you ask for as I have no current knowledge of the operators.

But make sure you establish the basics of your proposed contract of employment so that you know how overtime etc works.

I wish you all the best with the interviews and hope you find suitable employment.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Ramage run a lot out of Prudhoe but can’t say I talk much with them or know the conditions. A couple of the guys that left the Co-op same time as me went to Fowler & Welch, lost touch with them but I’ve looked at them a couple times. The online app and CV puts me off a bit…don’t know Tyneside but someone warned me off Bruce a while back but can’t remember why…maybe rates or something but can’t be sure. Not much help here I guess

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Theres a Facebook page called north east truckers join and you’ll find out what all companies mentioned are like

specialbru:
Theres a Facebook page called north east truckers join and you’ll find out what all companies mentioned are like

Think I’m in it…I think! [emoji39]

Thanks to all of you for your swift replies. I’m going to fresh freight in Washington this morning at 10am. Smart casual with workgear in the car ready if need be. I always seem to leave a interview not asking enough questions. Lol. If I ask the basics of the proposed contract then that should cover pay, hours, nature of work etc shouldn’t it? Anything else I should be asking?
Thanks

Overtime, unless it’s salaried…but any hours over your basic…are they in lieu? Hols, prospects…usually a good one. Training as well, likes of DCPC and personal development.

Godzilla41:
Thanks to all of you for your swift replies. I’m going to fresh freight in Washington this morning at 10am. Smart casual with workgear in the car ready if need be. I always seem to leave a interview not asking enough questions. Lol. If I ask the basics of the proposed contract then that should cover pay, hours, nature of work etc shouldn’t it? Anything else I should be asking?
Thanks

Just looked at the time…[emoji12]

Lol no worries it went well. I’ve just got to talk to the missus and give the Transport Manager an answer Monday morning.

You could write your questions down take them with you to interview

Fresh freight run by the book mostly fridge work easy although you sometimes have to help unload but that is rare money decent enough for what you do from what I heard they are due a pay rise it will poss be tramping although someone might use your motor when you not in it so take most thing out especially bedding

Ramage don’t know much about to work for they also run out of Silverlink

Fowler again work easy enough as fridge work sometimes have to watch the planner no nights out

The 2 lads who own Tyneside Express are on here run curtain siders money seems ok from what I know ( old timers forum look up Old North East haulage firms )

Bruce new kit wages not that good or went a few years back a variety of work they do

Good luck with it all

animal:
You could write your questions down take them with you to interview

Fresh freight run by the book mostly fridge work easy although you sometimes have to help unload but that is rare money decent enough for what you do from what I heard they are due a pay rise it will poss be tramping although someone might use your motor when you not in it so take most thing out especially bedding

Ramage don’t know much about to work for they also run out of Silverlink

Fowler again work easy enough as fridge work sometimes have to watch the planner no nights out

The 2 lads who own Tyneside Express are on here run curtain siders money seems ok from what I know ( old timers forum look up Old North East haulage firms )

Bruce new kit wages not that good or went a few years back a variety of work they do

Good luck with it all

Yeah I wrote my questions down but to be honest the Transport Manager pretty much covered everything. It’s local shunting work mainly with the odd fridge job. Going to think about it and let him know Monday