Any europeans here? Would you come back to the uk?

Any takers for coming back? In the uk now they are paying 2 bob an hour and a blackbirds egg for really good drivers…

I dont think many will bother.They want them to work here till Christmas and then ■■■■ off.Would you go abroad to another country for that?

here is the worry i have. Ifall the hype about the shortage in europe is true (i cant see how it can be because all these poor drivers had to go home because of the nasty englishman that voted for brexit) Then one has to assume that all the good drivers are being snapped up at good rates of pay which only leaves the ones that the european companies dont want.

Unfortunatly to answer your question yes i do think the ones that for what ever reason cant get a job over there will come.

cooper1203:
here is the worry i have. Ifall the hype about the shortage in europe is true (i cant see how it can be because all these poor drivers had to go home because of the nasty englishman that voted for brexit) Then one has to assume that all the good drivers are being snapped up at good rates of pay which only leaves the ones that the european companies dont want.

Unfortunatly to answer your question yes i do think the ones that for what ever reason cant get a job over there will come.

There wern’t that many over here anyway - was it about 12,000? I think 6000 went home - I don’t think that will plug Europes shortage. Apparantly the problem in the UK is 55,000 retired/left last year.

There’s a chap who posts on here has been on radio a few times today and explains it far better than any of us as to why people won’t come back.

Os… something. Can’t remember the name :blush:

Sploom:
I dont think many will bother.They want them to work here till Christmas and then [zb] off.Would you go abroad to another country for that?

The quality of most Brit work on offer I’d doubt if they’d want to stay any longer than that.
I’ll go on the bus to collect my turkey from the farm in Norfolk anyway.Then I know it won’t have been taken out of two years frozen storage.

cooper1203:
here is the worry i have. Ifall the hype about the shortage in europe is true (i cant see how it can be because all these poor drivers had to go home because of the nasty englishman that voted for brexit)

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

This is what happens when uninformed people who get all their information from Facebook try to comment on something they don’t understand…

yes I’m a european. I was born in manchester

Sploom:
I dont think many will bother.They want them to work here till Christmas and then [zb] off.Would you go abroad to another country for that?

I’m sure those that were stuck here last Christmas will be delighted to have a 2nd go.

JeffA:
Any takers for coming back? In the uk now they are paying 2 bob an hour and a blackbirds egg for really good drivers…

All depend.I was I UK from 2004 till 2018 and now back to UK…ar be forever May be not.I was 7 years warehouse operatives and 7 lorry drivers.Good thing inUK-cheap food,stuff,most people good,no so much rulles for life.Bad side-low quality food,high rent price,no Cafe,no restoran,only low quality fast food,road quality now bad,footpath bad,no big road,no any attraction for kids,low quality clothes,not clean road in city,some people speak not stop 24 h per day about anything.

ETS:

Sploom:

I’m sure those that were stuck here last Christmas will be delighted to have a 2nd go.

In UK never was drivers shortgate.This years most UK company have bad sale.For this reason they start talk drivers shortgate,Christmas shelf will empty.People run and buy Cadbury,frozen food for Christmas.But after one week they will eat all and buy again.Sale go up.Same about this buy one get one free.Simply buy buy more more,put in the bin after.Ready now at Stobart not offer for weekend extra shift,not to much truck stay in yard.

No one forced them to go back RIGHT. they may not want to spend the 45 weekly rest in the truck in the yard. or they may not want to have 23 in a two bedroom bungalow they rent off the boss, ■■?why are people all ways wanting to bring people into this country Why ■■?

Conor:

cooper1203:
here is the worry i have. Ifall the hype about the shortage in europe is true (i cant see how it can be because all these poor drivers had to go home because of the nasty englishman that voted for brexit)

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

This is what happens when uninformed people who get all their information from Facebook try to comment on something they don’t understand…

“Nasty Englishmen” is sexist, if you think about it…

Some voters - were Women don’t forget!
Some drivers are Women don’t forget…
Some foreigners are also Woman don’t forget.

Rosie Duffield has seen her stock gain value this week - among Tory voters for her comments the other day…
So even she isn’t a Nasty Labourite, unlike Angela “Scum” Raynor who clearly is. :smiling_imp:

Keir Starmer - panders to A ‘s’ R rather than R ‘c’ D
…I guess “Sir” Keir - won’t ever be PM - after all. :unamused:

We must all worship Boris. Hes so intelligent and trustworthy. He will see us through.

JeffA:
We must all worship Boris. Hes so intelligent and trustworthy. He will see us through.

He continues to be “Least Worst” - which has been the way of politics for years now…

All Starmer has to be - is better than Boris
Despite that Low Pfeffel Bar however, - All “Sir” Keir can do is trip over his own feet on their way into his own gob…

Labour - don’t need “new ideas” - they need to quit thinking about throwing other people’s money and jobs away for a pipe dream of “Altruism” where you lose everything for those you’ll never meet, and who certainlly don’t give a hoot about you in return.
We don’t want “More cash to Third World” or “Scolded for having a Bigfoot Carbon Footprint” all the time

• we want lower taxes here cheaper food here, higher wages here and less hassle living through each day here as well.

Sheesh - if Lefties were overly Religious folk - they’d be more holier-than-thou compared to the hardest lined Bible Bashing Preacher! :open_mouth:

Better money in Germany, Sweden, Norway etc.

To put the boot on the other foot so to speak… would anyone here be willing to go to say Poland for three months, finish your shift Christmas Eve then dash back home? All for little to no extra money than what you’re earning now, for worse conditions than what they’re experiencing now and many other factors that are now being talked about?

The only way I’d put up with that is if it made significant financial sense - and by that I don’t mean a few extra quid a week I mean triple/quadruple etc etc.

It’s irrelevant anyway. Nobody with any sense thinks that we’ll either attract 5000 truck drivers. Its lip service to those wanting it. What needs watching is that 5000 doesn’t turn into 50000 and as these are the masters of spin they’ll probably get away with it. Again.

adam277:
Better money in Germany, Sweden, Norway etc.

Must looking not only for money but for price as well.In Norway break price started from 4ceuro.But in Geany wages not high būt most price as well good.

They are coming!