Any europeans here? Would you come back to the uk?

European lorry drivers recruited to help prevent Christmas shortages are being offered salaries of up to a fifth more than their British counterparts.

Retail industry insiders say the higher salaries are required to attract EU drivers to the UK for such a short period of time, with the 5,000 temporary visas issued by the Government set to expire on Christmas Eve

Companies using them will be expected to provide drivers with return travel, as well as any medical and accommodation bills on top of the increased salaries, the Grocer reported.

Lol

SuperMultiBlue:
European lorry drivers recruited to help prevent Christmas shortages are being offered salaries of up to a fifth more than their British counterparts.

Retail industry insiders say the higher salaries are required to attract EU drivers to the UK for such a short period of time, with the 5,000 temporary visas issued by the Government set to expire on Christmas Eve

Companies using them will be expected to provide drivers with return travel, as well as any medical and accommodation bills on top of the increased salaries, the Grocer reported.

Lol

If someone is in the UK for only 3momths of the year, what is their tax position?
Is it that if they are normally resident in a country with a reciprocal agreement, taxes will be due there, not here?
So they will earn more, and taxes will be paid to a foreign Gov too?

Franglais:

SuperMultiBlue:

Lol

If someone is in the UK for only 3momths of the year, what is their tax position?
Is it that if they are normally resident in a country with a reciprocal agreement, taxes will be due there, not here?

I very much doubt the government have considered that, or in fact any, detail.

SuperMultiBlue:

Lol

question is if they above is true and someone was on 4 pound an hour more than the next personi wonder how long the current staff would stay

Winseer:

JeffA:
We must all worship Boris. Hes so intelligent and trustworthy. He will see us through.

He continues to be “Least Worst” - which has been the way of politics for years now…

All Starmer has to be - is better than Boris
Despite that Low Pfeffel Bar however, - All “Sir” Keir can do is trip over his own feet on their way into his own gob…

Labour - don’t need “new ideas” - they need to quit thinking about throwing other people’s money and jobs away for a pipe dream of “Altruism” where you lose everything for those you’ll never meet, and who certainlly don’t give a hoot about you in return.
We don’t want “More cash to Third World” or “Scolded for having a Bigfoot Carbon Footprint” all the time

• we want lower taxes here cheaper food here, higher wages here and less hassle living through each day here as well.

Sheesh - if Lefties were overly Religious folk - they’d be more holier-than-thou compared to the hardest lined Bible Bashing Preacher! :open_mouth:

I have voted Tory all my life but will never do so again for as long as I live.
Richard Tice and his Reform party looks interesting. I will research them before the next election.

Franglais:

SuperMultiBlue:
Europea.

Lol

No. Taxes paid on where you earn it. Don’t need to be resident.

cooper1203:

question is if they above is true and someone was on 4 pound an hour more than the next personi wonder how long the current staff would stay

Surely they would stay forever, unless they can find a higher paid job.

If they can find a higher paid job they would leave regardless what their colleagues were on.

That 54,000 backlog at the dvla - apparantly 50,000 are renewals

stu675:

Franglais:

SuperMultiBlue:
Europea.

Lol

No. Taxes paid on where you earn it. Don’t need to be resident.

gov.uk/tax-uk-income-live-a … axed-twice
If there is an agreement then UK taxes will not necessarily be paid, or can be reclaimed if taken.

Winseer:

JeffA:
We must all worship Boris. Hes so intelligent and trustworthy. He will see us through.

He continues to be “Least Worst” - which has been the way of politics for years now…

All Starmer has to be - is better than Boris
Despite that Low Pfeffel Bar however, - All “Sir” Keir can do is trip over his own feet on their way into his own gob…

Labour - don’t need “new ideas” - they need to quit thinking about throwing other people’s money and jobs away for a pipe dream of “Altruism” where you lose everything for those you’ll never meet, and who certainlly don’t give a hoot about you in return.
We don’t want “More cash to Third World” or “Scolded for having a Bigfoot Carbon Footprint” all the time

• we want lower taxes here cheaper food here, higher wages here and less hassle living through each day here as well.

Sheesh - if Lefties were overly Religious folk - they’d be more holier-than-thou compared to the hardest lined Bible Bashing Preacher! :open_mouth:

I dunno - Id be glad to see money spent in the third world to be honest. Put a water supply in for people with no clean water? Fine by me. Rather my money went to someone struggling than a bonanza for energy company executives.

Well done :cry:

I know of a company in Somerset that does this. :unamused: