Any bikers on here?

Looking at getting another bike, (been away from them for about 3 years or so) but as usual I can’t decide on which one, so any thoughts from bikers on here could be helpful :slight_smile:
I’m wanting one 600cc or above, been offered a Honda CBR600F V reg 18k for £2000 by a work colleague, however, I do fancy the new Triumph Street Triple but it’s a hefty layout at £5500.
What bikes do you have and any suggestions from your own experience as to the make/model of a good bike. Got upto about 5 grand to spend but that is to include helmet, leather jacket and insurance.

Im a BAB too.

Born again biker.

I have a Suzuki SV1000 SZ at the moment as I prefer a V twin and my legs are too short for an Aprilia Mille :blush:

It came with these cans and was screaming for something else.

like these pair of Agrophobics

This bike cost me just under 6 grand but you should have a ride on an old SV650 which can be picked up for a couple of grand. For pure fun, they are one of the most friendly bikes for newcomers and experienced riders. very flickable light and have enough grunt to embarrass 4 cylinder pocket rocket owners.

Did I mention it was a V Twin :stuck_out_tongue:

I never stopped riding bikes.

This is the one I’ve had for the last several years.

An '81 CB900 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

There’s an old (89) CB900 with half fairing for sale in my local second hand come junk shop 11k with a price of £1495. A bit too long in the tooth for my liking although this bike was my ‘aspirational bike’ when I started to ride in the mid 70’s :slight_smile:

Malc - your bike looks quite tasty. How do you rate it? Handling, reliability and so on?

penfold:
Malc - your bike looks quite tasty. How do you rate it? Handling, reliability and so on?

Reliability is not a problem at all, The new 1000 is a bit more of a handful to ride quickly as its heavier and taller, but the 650 sliced through bends like knives and butter.

To be honest the 1000 is the better bike with proper brakes and suspension but I now realise that I never got the most from my 650.

Everyone will tell you the SV is a girls bike. Ask them when they rode one! The answer will normally be Eerrr my mate told me :stuck_out_tongue:

Last bike I had was a Bandit 600, bullet proof engine and fairly nifty especially as all I’d been used to before that was Kwacker Z650, Suzi kettle. The 750’s that I used to ride years ago can easily be blown away by 250’s nowadays, unbelievable!!

Simon:
I never stopped riding bikes.

This is the one I’ve had for the last several years.

An '81 CB900 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

That’s a real corker of a bike, looks almost totally original.

I’ve got an XJR 1300 02 reg upon which I’ve done nearly 40,000 miles. I’ve owned for four years now and taken it to the Med twice. To me it’s the best bike i’ve owned but the type of bike you like is a personal thing. A cruiser is perfect to some peeps as a fireblade is to others so try as many as you can and then decide.

Picking up an 85 GPZ600 in a couple of weeks, always had a soft spot for those.
I am also liking the zrx1200, they always remind me of how i used to draw bikes as a kid :sunglasses:

Have had several bikes in the past last 1 was a 82 GPZ 1100 was very nice to ride was thinkin bout gettin a new 1 my self

Have been lookin at the new BMW as they do a 600 think it is with a lower frame and as i am not the talleast of ppl 5ft

Lady P:
last 1 was a 82 GPZ 1100

Resists the urge to hurl insults out of jealousy :blush:

Lady P:
Have had several bikes in the past last 1 was a 82 GPZ 1100 was very nice to ride was thinkin bout gettin a new 1 my self

Have been lookin at the new BMW as they do a 600 think it is with a lower frame and as i am not the talleast of ppl 5ft

would that be the twin shock version in eddie lawson green, with the cutdown seat. :wink: if so , droooooollllllll :wink:

dave:

Lady P:

would that be the twin shock version in eddie lawson green, with the cutdown seat. :wink: if so , droooooollllllll :wink:

Thats the 1 :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Lady P:

dave:

Lady P:

Thats the 1 :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Sellotapes mouth as not to hurl abuse from sheer Jealousy

I bet the bike was as green as I am with envy right now :blush:

been away from bikes for 12-13 years now :cry: :cry: :cry:

pressure of family and work just didn’t leave enough time for the bike :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

in the last 12months of having a bike I only did 700 miles !

this was mine, where it spent most of the time - parked :frowning:

muckles:
That’s a real corker of a bike, looks almost totally original.

It IS almost totally original. The bits that aren’t are being replaced as I can afford to or need to, whichever comes first :smiley: .

It’s previous owner was rather a bodger/butcher, so it keeps me occupied figuring out how to sort out the most recently discovered “temporary(?) repair”.
It’s done about 10,000 in the last few years too :laughing: :laughing: .

Suzuki TL1000R V Twin and she’s STILL up for sale

Get a cruiser a 650 xvs steady away, I have had all sorts of fast bikes, gpz900r, motto guzzi 650 lario and 750 K6 in the 70s the one I enjoyed the most is the cruiser comfort and low maintanence cheap insurance.

Talking of cruisers for years I wanted a Moto Guzzi California my all time dream bike. When I could afford one Shaz and I took one for a road test, hated it. It vibrated so much I could see double, the gearbox was a Massey Ferguson reject and the feet forward riding position made a ■■■■■■■ out of me in five miles.
On the plus side the motor pulled well plenty of torque and it handled well for a cruiser.
The daft thing is I still fancy one.
Also like the look of the Kawasaki drifters. Always been an Indian fan.