Bikers: What do you thinks best VT750 or VZ800

Honda VT750 Shadow

Suzuki VZ800

Even though I think many bikers are tools out on the road, the idea of a nice low slung cruiser has always appealed to me. Anyone on here had any experience of these bikes?

PS Can we leave this here for a wee while before it’s thrown to bullys, never to be seen again?

Both look like wanabees , no soul just the manufactures copying each other to try and be a dyke pump :unamused: :unamused:

A used Vmax beats the pair of them hands down.

I was looking at getting something similar a while back but in the end stuck with my Kawasaki sports bike. I test rode them both. The two I rode were both second hand. Of the two the Suzuki would be my choice, mainly on looks really. The Honda is probably a better bet for build quality, as they all are, but the engine isn’t as torquey as the Suzuki and the riding position felt better than the Honda VT750 I tried. I wanted a Harley to cruise around on but they are just too dear for what they are. You can get a really good second hand Harley Sportster for just about the same a new Honda but they were both too small for me at 6’2”, that’s why I preferred the Suzuki.

The VMax is a good sugestion though.

I normally wouldn’t have even looked at this thread in the past as the cruisers haven’t really interested me, until now.

Two hip replacements and a possible new pair of knees have made me rethink my position. I love the look of a VMax but I was at a rally and parked next to a Valkyrie. It just looks like a perfect bike now… I will ring SAGA

Just another one to throw in the mix :sunglasses:

Used to have a VN800 Kawasaki now replaced by VN900 - excellent machine and looks good too go for one of those if you can find one.

I reckon if I had one of these I wouldn’t act a ■■■ on it…hmmmmmm contemplation time

Thanks for all the replies. Up till now I have never really wanted a bike as I alwasy thought I would end up killing myself. Thses cruisers seem to be a good comprimise. Good looks, sounds good with an aftermarket exhaust and not designed to be pushed hard. Another plus point is the insurance costs. I got two quotes, one for a GSXR600 and one for a VT750. One was £295 and the other was £2200. Can you guess which was for which? :laughing: