Any advice please??

A possible chance that i might have some temporary bulker work, Haven’t done tipper work for few years & that was on a rigid, any advice gratefully received!!

edd7:
A possible chance that i might have some temporary bulker work, Haven’t done tipper work for few years & that was on a rigid, any advice gratefully received!!

<start tounge in cheek mode>.

I like many other drivers like their bumpers/wing mirrors to be intact after you have over taken, and please leave SOME room between me and your truck when pulling back in after an overtake, ta… :smiley: :open_mouth: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

only messing mate :blush: :blush: :blush:

I’ll get my coat :exclamation: :wink: .

</end tounge in cheek mode>

<serious mode>

Their are a few tipper drivers on here that i know of so wont be long before you have some advice

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Rule 1. Check for overhead cables. :blush:

BULK TIPPERS

Make sure you open the rear doors before you start tipping. :laughing:
When on any road, be it A,B, or M/WAY do not let your speed drop below 56km/h or everyone will know you are a newbie. :laughing:
Most importantly, do not follow my example :blush: [[/URL][/img]](ImageShack - rollovercoc2.jpg)

Depends on what you are carrying.

Main things to look out for

Overhead cables (the first one you hit could be your last!!! :open_mouth: )

Keep the vehicle in as straight a line as possible and on level ground (neither of these is always possible especially on farms,)
If you cant tip body slowly, wait for product to come out then tip a bit more. always stay by the controls, if you think the body isnt safe lower immeadiately :exclamation: :exclamation:

Watch out for high winds when tipping, it might be OK with weight on, but if the body is up the loads coming off :exclamation:

When tipping through a grain hatch (with or without sock) there will be some product still in the trailer corners when it has stopped coming through hatch.(this could be up to a couple of tonnes :exclamation: )

Never stand behind trailer when tipping, the back door hinges and catches are all that is between you and 30 ton of product :exclamation: :exclamation:

When delivering to farms…

Never refuse a brew (you wont get asked again :exclamation: )

Watch out when the farmer helps to lock the door up. (you’ll get a steel bar in the gonads :exclamation: :exclamation: )

Never throw a ball for the dog (you’ll be there all day :laughing: )

Watch out for a PM

pecjam23:

edd7:

<start tounge in cheek mode>.

I like many other drivers like their bumpers/wing mirrors to be intact after you have over taken, and please leave SOME room between me and your truck when pulling back in after an overtake, ta… :smiley: :open_mouth: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

only messing mate :blush: :blush: :blush:

I’ll get my coat :exclamation: :wink: .

</end tounge in cheek mode>

<serious mode>

Their are a few tipper drivers on here that i know of so wont be long before you have some advice

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: hee hee hee :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

edd7 you have a PM

ROG:
BULK TIPPERS

Good ol’ ROG, I was then about to hunt for that!

Click that link mate, plenty to go at there for a little while.

Got pm - thanks very much toowise, many thanks to everyone with their advice, Ive done quite a few different things while driving but will never say that im a “jack of all trades” we are learning everyday right!!

edd7:
Got pm - thanks very much toowise, many thanks to everyone with their advice, Ive done quite a few different things while driving but will never say that im a “jack of all trades” we are learning everyday right!!

I’ll second that

edd7:

All joking aside, good luck with your new venture, keep your common sense head on, you’ll get along just fine. Regards, DD. :wink: