Another what would you do

one of my colleaques turns up for work at least once a week stinking of booze and tells us all about being ■■■■■■ night before, now we are talking drinking to 2 maybe 3 am and starting work at 6,30 ish now we have hinted ect at his drinking but nothing seems to change, on a couple of occasions very near misses have happened whilst on delivery site, and either way we leave yard we have to pass schools normally the first few loads are out the yard 8- 830 ish…

we are a small team and are getting concerned for the consequences if this carries on, we dont really want to go down the road of police but after ignoring our comments what else can we do?

You report him to the gaffer…end of.

Could you live with yourself if you knew what he was up to, and he killed someone, or even YOUR child?

I rest my case.

Ken.

Quinny:

I agree. But I have no doubt the usual idiots will be on here with the “if it’s not your problem don’t get involved” attitude.

It would be their problem if it was their kid though.

People who do actually support knobs like this, need a check up from the neck up.

Ken.

i think it needs reporting totally irresponsible behavior for a driver

Remember, bad things happen when good people do nothing.The guy is a knob and deserves what comes.

Do you really need to ask this question?

thanks guys!!

thought i may be opening myself up for the usual crap but no negative comments so far,

we have mentioned it but as we more or less run ourselves we dont see much of management and the times they have come across the fellow in question as been sober as a judge… but will push this,

cheers guys

In this day and age reporting is the only sensible course of action as others have said how would You feel if a child were to be killed by his irresponsible actions. You know what You have to do for everyones sake including His it might just wake Him up.

1 for the holier than thou brigade

Okey-Didley-Dokely:

And your point is ?

bjd:

Okey-Didley-Dokely:

And your point is ?

exactly, too many ■■■■■■■ dogooders on here telling others that they would never do such a thing when they all have

Okey-Didley-Dokely:

bjd:

Okey-Didley-Dokely:

And your point is ?

exactly, too many [zb] dogooders on here telling others that they would never do such a thing when they all have

But theres a difference between doing something once and learning through mistakes and taking the ■■■■ and repeatedly do it over and over.

Like others have said, I’d report him. If it means him losing his job so be it. Whats worse losing a job or losing a life? Hardly a contest is it?

xfmatt:

Quinny:

I agree. But I have no doubt the usual idiots will be on here with the “if it’s not your problem don’t get involved” attitude.

This situation is a bit different to a stranger nicking diesel though mate.

Seems to me like he’s had his warnings/hints. The gaffer needs to be made aware, then it’s down to him in my opinion.

A large co. near me has been randomly breathalysing drivers when they turn in for work in a morning.
Any found over I believe have been sacked on the spot.
3 gone so far this year.

Personally I wouldn’t get involved. And don’t even think about giving me the “how would you feel if it was your n.” melodramatics.

When people become perfect themselves and never break any laws… :bulb: . Until then… :bulb:

I would try to have strong words one to one and let him know his behaviour has been noticed by a few as a last chance, If not heeded, it would not be the boss but the bill who would have first pick on removing him from the road.

me personally, i would phone the local coppers and tell them, give his reg number and as soon as he gets out the yard. bang to rights. simples. and i would let it be known who grassed the ■■■■ up.

greggy:
me personally, i would phone the local coppers and tell them, give his reg number and as soon as he gets out the yard. bang to rights. simples. and i would let it be known who grassed the ■■■■ up.

^^ This

I reported someone years ago that was trying to leave my local pished. Told him I’d called the police but he didnt believe me.

Didnt see him for a couple of years as he needed his car to get to the pub (distance), he did thank me though when he came back.

No problems doing it again, but I would have to know I was right (i.e. I wouldnt call the police until the morning to ensure he stinks of the stuff).

Rob K:
Personally I wouldn’t get involved. And don’t even think about giving me the “how would you feel if it was your n.” melodramatics.

When people become perfect themselves and never break any laws… :bulb: . Until then… :bulb:

So presumably you would be happy for a zb like this to drive right past your kids school then? What’s the harm in reporting it? The guy would be banned but so what? He doesn’t deserve to be on the road in that state.

This “I’m alright, Jack” attitude is ruining this country :unamused: