Another UNBELIEVABLE

Teamed up yesterday with a chap as my mate who was an ex driver coming back into it. He also has had hardly any work since Xmas, and told me that he was keen to go permie at a certain company. So, his agency rang him at 3am and asked if he could go in for 5am as they urgently had needed a driver. So, being keen to impress he said yes…

…despite only having got in at 2am after a night on the ■■■■.

I didn’t know what to say - but I know what I should have said.

being keen to impress he said yes…

even keener to lose his dam licence,you should have said something m8.you know how hard it is to get the licence m8 :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

i think i would have said summat aswell, not only is he endangering his life, also the lifes of others.

And i`m not saying anything :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: should know my views by now…changed my mind…he doesnt value his licence…regardless of how desperate i was …and he obviously isnt (hence the money for the beer) i would never jeopardise my licence or other road users.we all like a beer…but at what risk ? he should have told them the truth…and said he would be available the day after…
have a nice day

Just like to make clear he told me this yesterday - the incident itself happened some weeks ago. Had it been yesterday, he wasn’t driving anyway - however if his behaviour had been affected by drink when with me, I would have turned back to the yard.

Several years ago doing some agency work I got sent to drive a bin wagon & chatting to the other guys they were telling me about a few of my colleagues at the agency.
All had breached tacho regs & all had been involved in accidents. One guy was working in a bar untill gone midnight & then after a couple of hours sleep getting up & driving, two others had been found to have been working as many hours as the agency gave them legal or not.
The guys I was working with were not at all happy.

iv had guys rolling joints in the bin wagon that i was driving one day. i chucked them out the cab every time they lit one. i wont drive after a drink or without enough sleep. i know when i am fit to drive or not and if i am not fit to then then i wont get behind the wheel. simple as!

Reminds me of a driver who workes for my company.

Got caught drinking, 2 times over the limit I think. But he was caught because he overtook a cop car doing 80 :open_mouth: :wink:

He has aparently turned up for work drunk and they have had to take the keys of him :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

JayHoe:
I didn’t know what to say - but I know what I should have said.

The ‘test criteria’ for that type of situation I would use is; would you let him drive a car with your kids inside? Would you want him driving along a road where your kids are walking along the path??

Me neither.