Opinions Please.....

I know I’m gonna get roasted in the comments for this but here goes…

At the start of a night shift you drive to the garage to get a coffee, whilst your there you see a fellow driver in his company HGV turn up & purchase a 1litre bottle of whisky

Now he knows that you have seen him & what he has brought as you have told him in the shop your opinion about buying alcohol in a company vehicle at the start of a shift

Weather or not you think he would or not drink some while on duty, would you report it to the office knowing that if you didn’t report it & in the extreme he caused an accident or killed someone due to drink driving.

Ruin a working friendship or not■■?

Whiskey?

Wheel Nut:
Whiskey?

is he in America? or Ireland?

Also he could have been buying it for later or as a present?

Did you smell drink of him, did you see him drinking it, do you know first hand that he drinks while driving
if not mind your own goddam business, people do it all the time saves him getting it on his way home, a little drink to get a bit of sleep after working nights, and pray tell how earley does your night shift start must be evening work your doing for them to be selling booze

Unless u have suspicions of him drink driving previously mind yer own as mentioned earlier maybe it was just more convenient to buy it at that time as would the shop be open at the end of shift ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless you have concrete evidence that he’s swilling the stuff whilst at work, then minding one’s own beeswax would be the best option.

I would say anyone planning to drink while on duty is unlikely to be drinking the hard stuff except maybe nighting out. A 6 pack would be more likely as its easier to drink and hide the evidence, plus less chance of getting done for it if anything happened (in theory).

No idea what the company would say, but a lot wouldn’t care as long as they aren’t going out of their way to buy it. Could seriously backfire on the one calling it out esp as its just their word.

As for what happens when they kill someone - sorry but they are a grown up making their own decisions. If they are sitting there drinking it in the cab maybe but this doesn’t really qualify.

Thank you all for your opinions, it would not be the first time a driver where I work had polished off half a bottle of spirits whilst on duty

I now consider this thread closed