Another Trucknet stray gets a job!

Just to say that following the usual struggle to get a job after passing the cat 2 test I have got a job driving a DAF tipper ! Pity the money could be better.

OK, I know it is not the ultimate level but here are the bonus points :-

The firm is local (half a mile to the depot)
They are really nice people
They also run a small number of artics
I am in for my C&E test in the next few months

See my game plan ?

Fingers crossed.

PS.

New avatar on Friday

Congratulations Loggo! :laughing: Let us know how you get on. :wink:

Loggo:
Just to say that following the usual struggle to get a job after passing the cat 2 test I have got a job driving a DAF tipper ! Pity the money could be better.

OK, I know it is not the ultimate level but here are the bonus points :-

The firm is local (half a mile to the depot)
They are really nice people
They also run a small number of artics
I am in for my C&E test in the next few months

See my game plan ?

Fingers crossed.

Well done and good luck.You got the rigger boot’s and scruffy jean’s on order. :laughing: oh and the manual on how to be a complete ■■■ on the road. :laughing: :laughing:

Nothing wrong with tipper work, as long as it’s with the right firm.
Good Luck.

Good luck with the job Loggo, I like your style :wink:.

Congratulations Loggo and and good luck
with the new job and class 1 :smiley: .

Got the boots
Had the scruffy jeans (and to spare !)

Anyone know where I can get a tin of yellow and green striped touch-up paint - Just in case. :question: :wink:

Well done on the job loggo, I drive a 8 wheeler tipper on muck shifting (wheres me tin at ) and it suits me for now, home every night and better money than distance work.
Dont go spending your own money on paint, just do what I do when you scuff your bumber, wipe mud over it, rub it in well then leave a genorous layer about half inch thick, the gaffer doesnt spot it until its MOT time and it gets a wash and when he says "what you done here " just say " dont know, one of the loading shovels must of caught it " works a treat :smiley: :smiley:
P.S if your going onto any kind of tips or landfills, get your boss to buy you a good set of chains or towing straps before the winter.

kitkat:
oh and the manual on how to be a complete ■■■ on the road. :laughing: :laughing:

Have you looked at your avatar lately, Jim?? :laughing: :wink:

Enjoy the tippers Loggo! :sunglasses:

Thanks Marcus - and all you others
If I get a moment I will write a diary tomorrow about my first day, the 6 miles of narrow lane and the funeral !!