New Job

Just got in from an interview after phoning around all afternoon from the yellow pages (Thanks for that bit of advice…It does work) and I have a start with a local firm on Monday

Basically I will be driving a 4 wheel tipper on local deliverys.:smiley:

Moneys not great but you got to start somewhere (its not to bad for down here either)

I’ll post a diary of how i get on next week

stuart

Good Luck with the new job Sniper… :wink:

good luck m8 hope it all goes well.a well lads another tipper driver on the roads :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

sniper:
Just got in from an interview after phoning around all afternoon from the yellow pages (Thanks for that bit of advice…It does work) and I have a start with a local firm on Monday

Basically I will be driving a 4 wheel tipper on local deliverys.:smiley:

Woo! Well done!

Quick check though, do you mean 4 wheel or 4 axle? 4 wheel is pretty small…

Paul

Well done Stu…

Do let us know how it goes, would like to try that myself.

Well done mate, I’m chuffed for you .
Four wheeled or four axled, it dosn’t matter. Getting some experience and some money into the bank is what counts.
Once you have some of the ‘magic’ experience, further doors will start to open.

All the best with the job and don’t forget to keep us up to date on how you’re getting on. :smiley: :smiley:

sniper:
… Basically I will be driving a 4 wheel tipper on local deliverys.:smiley:

You lucky so-and-so! :wink:

Are you at liberty to divulge the firm? If so, I’ll keep my eye out for you as I’m down your way too! :smiley:

Sir LANs-a-lot:

sniper:

Are you at liberty to divulge the firm? If so, I’ll keep my eye out for you as I’m down your way too! :smiley:

No problem

Sid Knowles Transport operating from just outside Falmouth

sniper:

Sir LANs-a-lot:

sniper:

No problem

Sid Knowles Transport operating from just outside Falmouth

Ahhh, I’ve seen his skip wagons up around the Plymouth area - haven’t seen any tippers in his livery though, so I guess the tippers must stay in and around Cornwall?

Anyway, tippers are great - home every night and no manual lifting… What more could you ask for! You’ll love it! :wink:

Well done Sniper that is definetly the way to do it. Hope it turns out well, look forward to seeing how you get on .

well done mate im well pleased for you i know you been bored and waiting ive spoken to you in the chat room lots hope it all goes well for you tommrow on your induction let us know take care and be safe

Jason

been over this morning to see the set up. start time is 8 oclock mon morning. must be breaking me in gently :smiley:

Found out i will be driving a K plate daf 4 wheel tipper. Not as bad as i expected. They have got some pretty nice kit hidden away in there.

i’ll let you all know how i get on on monday

Stuart

sniper:
… Found out i will be driving a K plate daf 4 wheel tipper. Not as bad as i expected. They have got some pretty nice kit hidden away in there …

Let us know what you’re hauling too - as I said above, I know they run skip wagons but had no idea they ran tippers as well…

There are a lot of quarries down there - so you could be running aggregates or even clay. I used to drive for Imerys (used to be called ECC) until - in their infinite wisdom - they decided it would be cheaper to source their transport outside their main business, consequently making all the drivers at three of their transport depots redundant… Gits!

Anyway, if you get on clay work there’s one thing to remember - keep the inside of that ■■■■ nice and dry… It’s no fun having to dig out a couple-of-tonnes of stuck clay! :wink:

there is actually 2 companies of the same name on the same site. Sid Knowles waste is the skip company, actually run by the county council

Sid Knowles transport run mainly tippers up as far as st austell. That is the side i will be on

sniper:
… Sid Knowles transport run mainly tippers up as far as st austell. That is the side i will be on

The best side! :wink:

Good luck for tomorrow - and remember to keep out of the hedgerows on those narrow Cornish lanes… They often have a hidden stone wall buried behind 'em - but I imagine you already knew that! :wink: :wink:

Seriously, I hope it goes well - and if you get on OK with the tippers you’ll love it! :laughing: