Yes Yes Yes :-)))

Hello Guys

Well after hyping it all up in my head ive passed my Class 2 this morning with 5 minors.Cant believe what a relief it is to get it under your belt.
A big shout out to Matt at Scania Training in Purfleet he was excellent with me and i cannot recommend him or Scania enough for Driver Training.
Anyway enough of the speech i would also like some newbie advice on maybe beginner work on the skips or tippers to get me started and also what do to on a job interview as a noob.

Many Thanks

I would go for general to be honest. Tippers is a bit full on for a newbie but don’t let that stop you if you really want to dive in.

:smiley: :smiley:

Well done there!
As said tipper/skip work is by definition “full on” and may not be the best first trucking job to have (Ur in greater London too huh?)

You WILL make mistakes because you’re new, the trick is not to make any big dangerous ones.

Personally I would try find something a little less brutal to start with. As for interview, well all they are after is reliability and someone who they can trust to get the work done without dramas. Good luck and remember “if in doubt, get out…and have a look!”

Not sure where you live but you passed in Essex. Bushcade in Chelmsford run tippers and take on new guys as do Dunmow skips near Chelmsford. If you’re sticking to Cat C I would personally get a HIAB ticket. I recommend Manor training in South Benfleet for that.

Aldi in Chelmsford also take new Cat C drivers. You could also give Irene from Gateway Recruitment a call on 07790 577324 as they are looking for several Cat C drivers for various Essex councils.

Good luck with it

Excellent mate well done.

Congratulations on your pass. Have to agree with others who say don’t dive in at the deep end get a bit of experience first mybe some gentle general haulage or some parcel mutli drop and be honest with them and they may ease you in a bit. I am on agency and today for the first time in 18 months got a class 2 job on UK mail which was a doddle sitting around waiting to collect parcels and pallets most of the time and a short shift for me only 10 hours. Tomorrow I am on poundworld which depends on which run you get, again it is class 2, funny that because last week I did two days at the same depot class 1 but like buses they come along on paris nd threes :smiley: Try to get a slow easy number though to begin with reason is that when you have been doing it a few months it is all second nature, tight spots to reverse into, hard to find places, how to drive the truck length weight turning circle etc. so you can concentrate on the actual job. However if you go into a heavy demanding situation which would test the best of us you have very little chnce of coping as you will be phased by the truck itself which will most likely be one you are not familiar with. Anyway good luck :smiley: :smiley:

[emoji651] [emoji651]
Great answer