Another one for ESL

newsandstar.co.uk/news/carli … rPath=home

Oh dearie me. They,ve done it again. :laughing: :laughing:

Buycrider:
Ballet star shows off charity portraits | Bucks Free Press

Oh dearie me. They,ve done it again. :laughing: :laughing:

Along with Gerber foods and the Um Bongo range :stuck_out_tongue:

Wait for the juicing to start :wink:

So could mean more local firms going bust when they lose the work and more drivers looking for work :question: :unamused:

OllieNotts:
So could mean more local firms going bust when they lose the work and more drivers looking for work :question: :unamused:

Who were the majors doing Britvic work? I’ve been in to the place at Magna Park a few times but can’t remember who I was driving for at the time (wasn’t Stobbies).

Rob K:

OllieNotts:

Who were the majors doing Britvic work? I’ve been in to the place at Magna Park a few times but can’t remember who I was driving for at the time (wasn’t Stobbies).

roadtransport.com/Articles/2 … tobart.htm

No great loss there then…

Wheel Nut:

Rob K:

OllieNotts:

roadtransport.com/Articles/2 … tobart.htm

No great loss there then…

Looks like they will be wearing green soon then :laughing: At least if anyone wants to keep their job all be it under eddie this means they’re safe for a while.

These contracts move around. Purina at Ham’s Hall was a Wincanton depot with a yard full of ES trucks. Now ES has gone so I guess they lost that one.

One of the main advantages of not doing their own transport as they would have years ago, is that every three years or so, they can tender the job. This keeps the current provider sharp, and offers an opportunity for another one to get a foot in the door by offering a better service at a lower cost.

You can bet that the small print in the contract will keep ES on their toes, and they will really have to deliver the goods (pun) if they are to make any profit.

What gets me is, that while these big companies can write contracts that enforce a high level of service performance at a good price, Government bodies like the NHS don’t seem to be able to do it with the likes of cleaning contracts.

sissons use to do it but think they lost it to wincanton

Santa:
These contracts move around. Purina at Ham’s Hall was a Wincanton depot with a yard full of ES trucks. Now ES has gone so I guess they lost that one.

One of the main advantages of not doing their own transport as they would have years ago, is that every three years or so, they can tender the job. This keeps the current provider sharp, and offers an opportunity for another one to get a foot in the door by offering a better service at a lower cost.

You can bet that the small print in the contract will keep ES on their toes, and they will really have to deliver the goods (pun) if they are to make any profit.

What gets me is, that while these big companies can write contracts that enforce a high level of service performance at a good price, Government bodies like the NHS don’t seem to be able to do it with the likes of cleaning contracts.

Wait until Stobarts have a predominantly African crew like the NHS then see how they do! :wink:

44 Tonne Ton:
Wait until Stobarts have a predominantly African crew like the NHS then see how they do! :wink:

should that not have been prodominantly eastern europen crew lol

If you read the article it states that 89 wincanton employees will have the chance to be Tupe,d over to Stobarts, so at the end of the day its up to each individule if they want to stay in a job or not.

Stanfield:
If you read the article it states that 89 wincanton employees will have the chance to be Tupe,d over to Stobarts, so at the end of the day its up to each individule if they want to stay in a job or not.

Yeah but what about some compensation for the abuse and ridicule they’ll have to put up with now? :grimacing:

44 Tonne Ton:

Stanfield:

Yeah but what about some compensation for the abuse and ridicule they’ll have to put up with now? :grimacing:

more competition for topknob,sorry i mean TOPGUN :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ANDY.

i cant see how those wincanton employees could loose,if there on good t+c,s why cant they stay on them,2+ yrs since stobarts took over us and theres still plenty who are still on there old t+c,s not stobarts.
i must admit i assumed theyd force them onto stobart t+c,s but they havent.
so id guess the same would apply to these lads.
sure also at a fairly recent meeting they said they wanted to double the size of the buisness in the next two years [might only apply to chilled though]

Rob K:

OllieNotts:

i get backloads from magna park but thats through wincanton its them that run that site, maybe thats me lost a load home now and again

Wincantons are still going to be running the warehousing at lutterworth with a new 3 year contract and also west thurrock.

Bartrums have been pulling a lot of loads out of Britvic in Norwich, but not sure if that was through Wincanton or direct.

They put on a lot of Matthews drivers after Matthews pulled out of Britvic about this time last year!

CRAIG-D:
sissons use to do it but think they lost it to wincanton

Sissons used to run from the Pudsey factory which produced mainly “on trade” products (mixers, bag in box etc), I think Sissons pulled out because the rate was cut and then they decided to cut their fleet back, no point running a big fleet for nothing!

Stobarts have always been in with Britvic in the past, they used to share the primary logisitics with J Irlams, Sissons, SOL (remember them?) and Britvic’s own trunking fleet. They even had a team of planners “implanted” at Lutterworth before Wincanton took over. Wincanton have operated the warehouse at Lutterworth since it was first built and used to trunk production from the Rugby on a 24hour round the clock basis.

I think Britvic have consolidated a lot of their warehousing and manufacturing too as I recall loading out of Hindley Green a few years ago for Greece or Austria iirc

Bartrums are direct at Britvic Norwich. I spoke to one of their drivers today, and he said the Wincanton drivers are transfering across to Stobart.
And Stobart are doing all the work for free for a year, thats how they got it all.