Another one for ESL

kindle530:
Bartrums are direct at Britvic Norwich. I spoke to one of their drivers today, and he said the Wincanton drivers are transfering across to Stobart.
And Stobart are doing all the work for free for a year, thats how they got it all.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Im work for widdowsons and we have about 20-30 loads a day from there, plus there leeds site and chelmsford and bekton, but looks like thats us strugglein again, picked loads of work up the last year had to take on more drivers, jus got our o/t back dead busy, but now as we are gonna be 20-30 jobs a day short the worry sets back in for the poor lads who have not long started.
i mean fair play to stobbies after all its bussiness but i fear they jus took a desent customer off us. we actually did the work through wincanton but i dout stobbies will the sub the work to us.
the other componies that worked from there were bartrums, pollocks,eldis,downtons and us, well any1 who is part of the jigsaw group, but they were the only trucks i ever seen in there apart from stobbies.
Guess if ya cant beat um u gotta join um lol.

kindle530:
Bartrums are direct at Britvic Norwich. I spoke to one of their drivers today, and he said the Wincanton drivers are transfering across to Stobart.
And Stobart are doing all the work for free for a year, thats how they got it all.

What a load of b----cks even Stobarts are not that daft.Rumours again :unamused:

kindle530:

look out for a bankruptcy sale soon then :wink:

Nobody can do the work free for a year !

Stanfield:

kindle530:

What a load of b----cks even Stobarts are not that daft.Rumours again :unamused:

Thereโ€™s usually โ€œno smoke without fireโ€ and from personal experience I know Wincanton are not beyond pulling a โ€œstrokeโ€ and tendering below โ€œcostโ€ to secure a contract(then proceed to make a mess of the work and get booted out eventually).I am also aware that ESL has long been known as a โ€œnot for profit organisationโ€ so maybe they have refined the tendering process further by just stamping across the documentation in Red โ€œFree gratis for one yearโ€ therebye knocking out with one stroke the other tenderers! Then again I wonder how the likes of Mr.Tossco would re-act if he thought The Fast One was using his paper thin margins made on other contracts to"buy and subsidise" new lines of traffic?Bewick.

Stanfield:

kindle530:

When he says free my guess is he means โ€œat costโ€. And the big boys certainly do it. I used to work for NFC a few years ago when the Goodyear contract came up for tender. BRS (part of NFC) had been running the contract but lost out to Exel (another part of NFC) who undercut them and offered to do it at cost hoping to pick up some other work which they didnโ€™t get! Five years they ran that job and never made a coin!

Ive heard another rumour about a major contract and dhl and stobart are the only 2 left in the running out of 6 bidders. This contract is to do away with multiple little firms that do subby work and replace them with one big firm. A lot of little guys are going to get stepped on :confused:

If the rumour is true of course :wink:

merc0447:
Ive heard another rumour about a major contract and dhl and stobart are the only 2 left in the running out of 6 bidders. This contract is to do away with multiple little firms that do subby work and replace them with one big firm. A lot of little guys are going to get stepped on :confused:

If the rumour is true of course :wink:

I believe the current tendering process has been reduced to,and will succeed or fail,on a small figure at the bottom of the โ€œpageโ€ and itโ€™s called โ€œmarginโ€.The actual cost of servicing a contract will vary little between the major players as the contract hire/operating leases with full maintainence package for the equipment will be almost identical,the cost of fuel will also be comparable within fractions,RFL & insurance ditto,Drivers wages by now have probably reached the lowest common denominator as well.So TUPE regulations only mean exchanging one Slave holder for another!!! It therefore is down to what sort of a Margin is acceptable to both parties and it is here that the duckinโ€™ and divinโ€™ starts but it is totally unrealistic and โ€œpie in the skyโ€ to believe that a contract can be won at cost or below and then believe that a margin can be somehow conjured up at future review dates! That kind of assumption never did work in the past nor will it work in the future.David Irlam would be the guy to give an up to date explanation of why this phylosophy has always been flawed!!! Bewick.