another one bites the dust

i am starting for sandk next tue i live in north east i have exstensive knowledge of europe and middle east but cant get anything up home im gonna be doing 3-4 week trips hope it all goes well as ive heard good and bad things on here cheers lads

:slight_smile:

while delivering my load last week in the South of France got a fone call from the boss telling me to come back empty and to clear my truck out and that he was packing in all in ,o joy what a great easter. So anybody know of any body wanting an internationl driver prepaired to do upto 3 weeks away at a time

bloody hell i thought you had just been given a new r series scania.

yep full leather auto fridge freezer even had a top bar of lights and a private reg but it aint going anywhere tuesday :frowning: I need a job any1 know what S&K Barry are like to work for?

So, how much would a new R series Scania fetch in the South of France ? :wink:

malcolmj:
any1 know what S&K Barry are like to work for?

Havent worked for them but loaded out of there a few times …
They certainly seemed busy enough though

How about a spell on the boxes?? FSEW in wentloog ind est (freightliners yard) do container work and they also do tautliners on gen haulage All Daf ssc’s …If i go back on tramping thats who id ring …ive heard pretty good reports from the drivers there

Hope that helps m8 …good luck

well at the time it was loaded with a boat worth £1,200,000 called “NO BOUNDRIES” a 100+mph Miami Vice looking thing twin diesel engine orsome or what? if i could find a way of putting pic on ere i would

malcolmj:
yep full leather auto fridge freezer even had a top bar of lights and a private reg but it aint going anywhere tuesday :frowning: I need a job any1 know what S&K Barry are like to work for?

I Know its not nice to be said, but surely the Gaffer must of realised how the cost of the New Scania with all mod cons was going to affect the company ?

I would of thought that skimping on Driver Luxuries such as Leather Seats and Spot Lights etc would of been more beneficial if he had to buy new.

Dont get me wrong, I know Drivers (And some bosses) Like nice motors, but this case is a prime example, why buy the gear if your going to find yourself in financial difficulties ?

It just takes one major company to drop you in the crapp and your out of business, I know from personal experience by trusting a supplier I had, he went bust then did a runner :open_mouth:

Davey Driver:
I would of thought that skimping on Driver Luxuries such as Leather Seats and Spot Lights etc would of been more beneficial if he had to buy new.

Dont get me wrong, I know Drivers (And some bosses) Like nice motors, but this case is a prime example, why buy the gear if your going to find yourself in financial difficulties ?

But a lot of the time motors are bought with residual value in mind (why else would you buy a Scania?? :confused: :confused: ) and the ‘lights and leather’ might have been part of that theory.

Davey Driver:
It just takes one major company to drop you in the crapp and your out of business, I know from personal experience by trusting a supplier I had, he went bust then did a runner :open_mouth:

As you say Davey, ‘a company to drop you in the crap’, most likely totally unexpected and probably not through any fault of his own. I can’t imagine that that a more basic spec unit would’ve have enough of a difference to save the business.

ive just been offered work thro the summer on Justin timberlake tour who ever he is!! but the present mrs jones not too happy with me away all summer

malcolmj:
Justin timberlake

Also known as ‘Justin Trousersnake’ amongst the girlies!!!

He’s bound to have a full troop of young groupies folloowing him around - no wonder your Mrs ain’t too happy!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

malcolmj:
yep full leather auto fridge freezer even had a top bar of lights and a private reg

Maybe he went out of business for spending too much on his trucks!!!

malcolmj:
ive just been offered work thro the summer on Justin timberlake tour who ever he is!! but the present mrs jones not too happy with me away all summer

How the hell do you get contacts like that… The best i ever got offered in my whole career was a job on nights back with a former employer (and like an idiot i took it) it only took me another 9 months to see the light and leave :unamused: I’d love to drive for the Formula 1 circuit (truck not racing car) what are the chances of “someone offering me that job” oh yeah and not to mention the wife letting me …hmmm. :frowning:

It’s not difficult to get on a rock 'n roll tour, the problem is that the work is seasonal and sporadic. Try EST, Rock-it Cargo, TransAm, Rock & Go, it’s the right time of the year to be asking.

Racing teams advertise in the motor racing press for HGV drivers, although you would prolly have to start off a little down the ladder from F1.

Formula one Promotions and Admin LTD
Diamond House
Biggin Hill Airport
Biggin Hill
Kent
TN6 3BD

01959 54067/57900/573295

Try This

Not a formula one team but a good way in.

If you prefer the more refined life. Paul Matthew is advertising for drivers on the back of his trucks. A little classical music perhaps or Shakespeare :stuck_out_tongue:

Edward Teller:
Formula one Promotions and Admin LTD
Diamond House
Biggin Hill Airport
Biggin Hill
Kent
TN6 3BD

01959 54067/57900/573295

Try This

Not a formula one team but a good way in.

Read this first… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic. … ht=bullitt

Good luck. :wink:

bullitt:
Read this first… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Just have, and thanks for taking the time to post all of that bullitt…F1 has always seemed superficially attractive but I somehow always thought that in reality it might be exactly how you describe it

I guess the moral of the story is this. The wealthier the person you mingle with, the lower you descend in life’s grand scheme, relative to them. Me, I would sooner carry on delivering to Travis Perkins where they don’t normally consider themselves to be on some kind of elevated plane.