another one bites the dust

ok all my dreams are officially shattered :frowning:

But seriously im not surprised at the attitudes saw enough of it when i used to goto silverstoneā€¦I did always wonder what the truck drivers did when they wernā€™t driving the trucks (i did kind of guess at skivy and polisher)

thanks for the insight bullit

Chances are that he didnā€™t get paid by 2 or 3 customers and the bills mounted up so he pulled the plug. Thatā€™s what happened with me. I spent so much time phoning, faxing and physically threatening that I got sick of it and gave up.

Sad to see another one go.

now this is n obvious scenario.
an idiot working for an idiot.

malcolm ive pm you.

quoted from hereā€¦

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewto ā€¦ sc&start=0

Day 12 Thursday
Into Perkins and straight into loading bay thatā€™s a first! Loaded 33 little engines for Murcia which I will be shippin out with on Sunday bring the load back to our Cardiff depot go home BTW that little MAN pulls like a train I have to admit but we will see what the mountains of Spain can do to slow it down!!!

loading from peterboro back to cardiff then shipping through dover for spain could have helped your firms demise.

Iā€™d like to thank you all for your coments and for the PMā€™s I have recived I shall be busy on the phone next tuesday following those links again thank you and its my 47th birthday today :frowning:

malcolmj:
its my 47th birthday today :frowning:

Happy birthday mate, but why the long face?

go and have a few & happy birthday .

malcolmj:
Iā€™d like to thank you all for your coments and for the PMā€™s I have recived I shall be busy on the phone next tuesday following those links again thank you and its my 47th birthday today :frowning:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

smile could have been worse it could be your 60th.

happy birthday malc, can you not do a deal with the boss to lease the truck from him and go freelance, if you have the tractor unit you could work for yourself during the summer while looking to find something else then either give boss the motor back or buy it out right think of who you delivered to phone them and ask if they need a driver as he might of caused his customers so grief just by giving up could work in your favor
good luck

Reef:
ok all my dreams are officially shattered :frowning:

But seriously im not surprised at the attitudes saw enough of it when i used to goto silverstoneā€¦I did always wonder what the truck drivers did when they wernā€™t driving the trucks (i did kind of guess at skivy and polisher)

thanks for the insight bullit

Bullit gives one side of the story and from what Iā€™ve heard, it sounds about right for FOM, but FOM arenā€™t a race team, but opitamises the ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  that surrounds F1.
An F1 team is so large that many people working for them never get near the race and most of the truck drivers are agency drivers. They just deliver the truck, wash and polish it, park it and are then flown home. They then fly back at the end of the week and take the truck back home or to the next circuit.
There is a job traditionally called ā€œtruckieā€ these people deal with tyres, fuel, set-up and keep the garages clean and tidy and are part of the pit stop crew.

Iā€™m a truckie in a GP2 race team, I started with a formula ford team, At the lower formulaā€™s you are much more involved in the team, because the teams are so much smaller. We have 10 people at the circuit an F1 team will have 80+, so There is a lot of work and most of it is not glamourous, but if you want to do the job because of the glamour then youā€™re not the right person, for me itā€™s about being part of a competing team and winning. Whether itā€™s GP2 or Formula Ford

If anybody wants to know what the job of a truckie really involves PM me and Iā€™ll give you the low down on the good bits and the bad bits. Although you might have to wait for the reply as I off to Bahrain tomorrow.

Sorry about hijacking you thread Malcom and I hope the new job goes well.

Wheel Nut:
If you prefer the more refined life. Paul Matthew is advertising for drivers on the back of his trucks. A little classical music perhaps or Shakespeare :stuck_out_tongue:

he only advertises for uk only drivers though

I used to live in New Addington which is about 2 miles away, knew a couple of blokes who worked for them, loved every minute of it ā– ā– ? one manā€™s meatā€¦

Just seen thisā€¦

Wages 600 - 668 PER WEEK
Hours 48+ HOURS PER WEEK, INCLUDING WEEKENDS AND NIGHTS OUT
Location BARRY DEPOT, THROUGHOUT EUROPE CF63
Pension details No details held

Description
Must hold an LGV C+E (HGV 1) licence for long distance runs operating throughout Europe. Nights out are essential for which expenses will be discussed at interview. Working knowledge of English language is essential. Flexible location of work can be arranged at interview if required. This vacancy is covered from the Working Time Directive. Details of this vacancy cannot be obtained through this route but for further advice on the working time directive call ACAS on 0845 7474747 or download ā€˜Your Guide to the Working Time Regulationsā€™ from the DTI website www.dti.gov.uk/publication. .

How to apply
You can apply for this job by telephoning 01446 422100 and asking for Mr Andy Donnelly.

Employer
S & K Haulage (Glamorgan) Ltd

So now its my turn to askā€¦

malcolmj:
any1 know what S&K Barry are like to work for?

I doubt that iā€™d have much chance as iā€™ve not done europe beforeā€¦Thought the wife might be a problem too but when i showed her this ad she just said ā€¦"if thats what you want to do luv "

Time to scour the euro drivers forum i thinkā€¦

So y dont yer give it a go ? Nothing ventured, nothing gained!!!

Good luk to yer both on finding suitable posts

Working knowledge of English language is essential.

Sad reflection on Britain!

Mind you, I know a few, born and bred here, ā€¦ :blush:

heres their site for s+k

skhaulage.net

Must be the only web site I have seen that gives an indication of their rates!!! Look at what they charge for Dublin compared to, say, Paris!!!

routier:
heres their site for s+k

skhaulage.net

Must be the only web site I have seen that gives an indication of their rates!!! Look at what they charge for Dublin compared to, say, Paris!!!

i agree, never seen that before - and at 1350 to warszawa, and 2800 to istanbul theyā€™re obviously subbing it, i hope :confused: :laughing:

Mmmmmm, rates are terrible, Ā£2800 to Istanbul!! Mind you wonder what they get backload ?

If you were a local haulier in that region you could put up some stiff competition there to get the business!! Foolish really

yep they may be subbying but I doubt it, if they are subbing it then whoever they are subbying it to are seeing what is being charged which aint a lot!!!

Each load will be tracked and delivered on-time using only our own vehicles.

Answers that 1 i think :wink: