Another Newbie

Hi there, thought I’d introduce myself; long-time lurker, first-time poster, I’m Matt.

Did my theory and HPT no bother a few weeks ago, passed CPC Module 2 last week so I did an assessment drive with Apex in Bradford at the weekend (after Terry there had dug the yard out!) and start my C training bright and early tomoro morning.

Really looking forward to it, regardless of the ice and plummeting temperatures…

Welcome! And the very best of luck with your training and test.

Keep us informed eh?

Take care, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Welcome to the forum

feel free to ask anything you want everyone will gladly help you

good luck with the training and test

jennie x

Good Luck with your training

Hiyyaaa bradders_matt, well done with your theory passes - enjoy your training & welcome :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Well, after 3 days of training in the cold and snow this week and an hours “warm-up” first thing this morning, I took my driving test earlier - and passed!!! :smiley: Made a couple silly little mistakes but realised at the time I’d done them so it’s not like I had no idea I was mucking up.

Seemed a bit touch and go if I’d be able to do my test today what with the snow and all, but got a call late yesterday to say the ice had melted on the pad and it would be all systems go. Anyhow, well chuffed I passed and roll on Module 4 now…

And thank you all for the warm welcome, Matt.

Congratulations on passing your C test :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: & good luck with your mod 4 - any idea on when you’ll take it?

bradders_matt:
Hi there, thought I’d introduce myself; long-time lurker, …

Hi bradders_matt, now that your lurking has ended…

And…

:grimacing: CONGRATULATIONS on passing your CPC and Cat “C” tests :smiley:
:smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks for the fireworks! Bit chocka at the local test centre (Steeton) at the moment so not sure when I’ll get chance to do the Module 4. They had a booking cancelled for tomorrow afternoon (Monday) but thought that was bit too soon, need chance to revise first!

Well that’s CPC Module 4 PASSED!!! Well chuffed with myself. Got these questions, but just took my time, explained them all and did the necessary demonstrations … and then came away with 100% and a pass certificate.

1. You are about to make a long journey in this vehicle. Show me what checks you would make to this vehicle’s fuel
    system and explain what precautions you should take to ensure it remains in a serviceable condition, especially in
    very cold weather conditions.

2. You intend to drive this vehicle for the first time. Show me how you would check the vehicle’s dimensions and
    weight.

3. You are parked at a border crossing and have left the vehicle unattended. Show me what checks you would make
    before driving through customs

4. Show me how you would enter the vehicle safely, and then show me all of the precautions you would take before
    starting the engine. b) You are now parked on the left on a busy main road. Please show me how you would leave
    your vehicle safely.

5. From the driver’s seat and externally, show me and explain the daily safety check you would make to this vehicle
    before driving on the road.

So what do I do with the red pass certificate now? Do I send it to the DVLA or keep hold of it?

Congratulations on getting your mod 4 - well chuffed for you, got any jobs in mind? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks bonnie lass. I’ve no jobs in mind and I’ll take anything to get some experience. Next week’s task is to get registered with a few agencies and start knocking on doors.

Does the fact I’ve been driving in Europe extensively over the last few years and have a got a few languages under my belt matter a jot as a newbie or is that something to rely on later?

bradders_matt:
Thanks bonnie lass. I’ve no jobs in mind and I’ll take anything to get some experience. Next week’s task is to get registered with a few agencies and start knocking on doors.

Does the fact I’ve been driving in Europe extensively over the last few years and have a got a few languages under my belt matter a jot as a newbie or is that something to rely on later?

At least you ‘can’ write something on your cv even if you are a newbie, think of promoting what your good points are & be possative/confident (& honest) in your direct aproach, there are a lot of foreiners working everywhere now so languages could provide at least an ‘ice breaker’, or the possability of a more beneficial use :wink: Good luck with the job hunt :smiley: