Phew - what a morning!

Hi all,

Just a wee update.

Today I had my CPC Module 1a/b and Module 2 booked.

Woke up late, bus journey took longer than I thought. Still had time for a bacon roll and a muffin at McDonalds though! After all that, I arrived at the test centre 3/4 of an hour early.

Booking in, the lady asked me if my other half was XXXXX? Strange question, I thought, but confirmed, only to find out she was a friend of my Mrs’ family. Small world. Ah well, I was straight in to the HP test, and straight in for the other 2 as well.

I was finished in about 2 hours and left before my 2nd test was due to start.

Anyhoo,

Theory - 100/100
Hazard - 67/100 (I was expecting it to be borderline - and it was. Fortunately, just the right side of borderline :smiley: )
Case Studies - 47/50 (thanks for the advice last night dar1976 - sorry I couldn’t reply. Like you, probably more luck than judgement :wink: )

So, I’m well chuffed. Couldn’t wait to get home and post on TN!

Driving starts 7am tomorrow morning!

Cheers,

CD…

Well done that man

Good luck with the rest fom here

All the best Rick

Well done.

Your driving starts tomorrow at 7am?.

Left it a bit near to the mark!!!

Hope it goes well. Can I ask who you are training with?

Well Done cailtlinsdad. Glad you got through it. And some good marks too.

Onwards and upwards for us both eh?

Looking forward to reading your training diary :slight_smile:

Dean

Well done cailtlinsdad on your passes, enjoy your training & dont forget to let us know how your getting on :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Hi all,

Thanks for your kinds words. Will report back on my progress :slight_smile:

@Dean - thanks mate, onwards and upwards indeed. raises glass

@hgvlgvtraining - yip, I was never under any pressure to pass today, honest! Training with Grants of Cannock.

Cheers,

CD…

Well done catlinsdad

result on the theory clean sheet cant do better

good luck to with your training and hope you enjoy it

all the best

Jen x

Hope your first day out on the road went well yesterday. I am just saving my funds hard to finish paying for my practical. Will soon be there.

Dean

Hi!

Just a wee update on my training so far. My course is 5 days driving (5x4hrs) with test on the 6th day.

Day One - was really really rubbish. In fact, I’d go as far to say that I drove to a higher standard on my assessment drive that I did in these 4 hours. Nothing overly dangerous (I don’t think so, anyway) but I was messing up the gears and kerbing constantly. I also had a tendancy to approach and navigate junctions too fast. Highlight of the day was when I got to THIS JUNCTION. I was coming from the road at the top right, next to the petrol station, to turn right. Wasn’t straddling lanes and turned to late. Result: face to face with the barrier, reversing back towards the petrol station before being able to continue. The 4 hours didn’t pass quick at all.

Day Two - better. Not as many kerbs and not as many gear kerfuffles. Starting to slow down more for junctions. Starting to get a feel for the truck now.

Day Three - One kerb! Was kicking myself now. That kerb was so easily avoidable! Hit the reversing pad today. Got her in first time. After a few more successful tries, I moved onto the braking excercise. 1st time, after being shown by my instructor, I tired and braked just a fraction too early. Subsequent 3 attempts go without incident. Instructor said I’d have passed if it wasn’t for that one kerb.

Day 4 - perfect. No kerbs. Next to no gear mess-ups. Today was a good day. But I’m knackered. My neck hurts. I know, I know - man up! :wink:

Day 5 (today) - final practice on the reversing/braking pan before hitting the roads. One kerb today, but so minor, I don’t think the instructor even noticed. I’d been driving for all of 1 minute before I got it!

So, I’ve spent the past 5 days driving around Wolverhampton, Cannock and Stafford not only driving, but having such a laugh with the instructor - he really knows how to make you feel at home.

Test tomorrow…

Sounds like a great week. And good luck for tomorrow.

I am starting mine on 4th October. Dreading it if I am honest.

Hopefully good results for both of us

Dean

Hi caitlinsdad, sounds like your having fun out there, good luck with your test tomorrow :smiley:

Good luck for tomorrow (hang on i mean today sorry on nights)

will have my fingers crossed for you :wink:

Jen x

Thanks all.

Well, today started out really pooh. Literally. Stood in a pile of dog muck in a long grassy area next to where the truck was parked first thing this morning. I didn’t realise at the time. Only once a few miles down the road, I started so smell something. Pulled over to discover most of the sole of my left boot was covered in the stuff. Clean my boot and clutch pedal and carried on into Wolverhampton. Traffic was busy this morning. Instructor had me going around all the tightest junctions he could think of before heading down to the test centre.

Met my examiner, Dave, who was a really nice bloke and made me feel at ease. Nailed the reversing and braking exercise. Off we go, over the M6 J11 and head for Willenhall. Just off the roundabout, the examiner asked me to pull over just past the bus stop; which I did. Cue the bus driver, who had to wait for oncoming traffic to pass before he could pass us, giving it the horn and being quite vocal. Couldn’t quite make out what he was saying, but I think it was something to do with coffee :smiley: :smiley: As much as I wanted to tell him “two sugars please!” I resisted tempation and said/did nothing, even though the testosterone in me was telling be this was the wrong thing to do :laughing:

Pulled away and hit some really bad roadworks. Extremely tight road made worse by roadworks and a truck stationary on the inside of the bend. Got thru ok. Then came the brain ■■■■■. Only once did I try to pull away in 7th gear :stuck_out_tongue: And turning right at a junction where there are 2 dedicated lanes for right turns, I tried to go in the left of the 2, despite being told to turn right immediately after we’d turned right at the junction. Realised last second I needed to be in the right lane and ended unnecessarily straddling both lanes to turn right at a junction the size of Birmingham. :unamused:

Hit the M6 at J10, up past 10A and off at 11. Headed back to the test centre and parked up.

Result - pass with 9 minors.

I’m so chuffed right now :smiley:

I’d like to thank Ken and Chunky at Grants of Cannock, Dave the examiner, Tonka236 for the training school recommendation and those of you on here for sharing your wisdom and wishes. Soon as the small hand points to the 12, I’m gonna crack open a beer!

Thanks for reading and for your help so far.

Dean & Mick, good luck with your training lads.

Congratulations caitlinsdad. Well Done.

Just hope I can do as well

Dean

Well done caitlinsdad and enjoy the beer :wink:

Well done on the pass !! Not long before i start learning to drive myself, As i still need to learn on the cars before i learn on the trucks but its something to look forward to. What’s your plan of action next?? :smiley: :smiley:

Congrat’s fella, now the fun really starts - as I’ve found over the last few weeks :unamused: you just need thick skin I suppose - luckily I’m working nights so there’s a lot less people about to see the state of my reversing :blush:

CONGRATULATIONS caitlinsdad on passing your test :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Congratulations mate.

Best of luck with the new career :smiley:

Way to go catlinsdad brilliant news

Congratulations

Jen x