Passed My Theory test and CPC theory :)

Just been today and stormed all 3 tests in 1 hour and 40 minutes :slight_smile: staff in the test centre were brilliant. Booked the practical side of things (guranteed pass course) all that’s left to do now is wait :slight_smile: still buzzing a little :slight_smile:

Looking forward to seeing Uncle Pete now haha!!

Congrats Bud!!! That’s a big chunk out of the way now, good luck with your practical part. :smiley:

Thanks boss!!! Looking forward to it now!! Just hope I can pass the practical as easily. Nerves really do get the better of me.

Congrats on the 3 passes - 1hr 40 must be approaching a record!

I’m sure you’ll do just as well on the practical. Any questions, pm me.

(Uncle) Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Well I went in for 8 am when they opened with other people. Had a quick drink between hazard perception and CPC and phoned the mrs/mother and 9:33 lol!! Quite chuffed.

Well done - that must be a record

Do you think module 2 should be a test on the regulations rather than what it is now ?

How do you mean mate. I thought it was quite good In so much as you get a background with a fair bit more information that they actually ask you about. Most of the questions are very easy. A few I had to stop and think about but I actually found it quite fun!! How sad is that lol!! The only thing I would say is there was no questions on weekly rest or split rest or even how many times a week you can drive a extra hour. Also the cpc theory was visually different to the lgv theory test (tick boxes were much smaller).

Midnightflyer:
How do you mean mate.

I mean do you think that doing a test on the EU driver regulations such as weekly rests etc would be better than doing the test you did

I certainly think they need to be included more as much as it pains me to say as I am not a fan of regs lol. But yes they Deffo need to be more of them in there etc.

I would have thought that knowing the regs especially for a new driver is a real must and yet the authorities do not have in place anything which makes them study the regs and then be tested on them

Someone might say that a 7 hour dcpc periodic course will suffice but IMO they will not because there is no extensive test included

Ai. I’m definetly going to do a tachograph course as part of my CPC, I’ve studied it but I really don’t think I understand it that well and also talking to other drivers at work I don’t think they understand it too well.

congrats good stuff

Cheers bud!! Congrats to you too!!

its a long road but its one of those feather in the cap things eh :smiley:

Hi Midnight How did you pass the Cpc what book did you read for that.

To be honest mate i didn’t, I spoke to other drivers, watched what happened and generally asked questions. I did read the dsa book briefly which was useful but most of it was word of mouth. Not the best way I know but I learn better talking than I do reading.

I forgot to memotion Pete I’m actually booked in with yourself for my practical and cpc mod 4 :slight_smile:

ROG:
I would have thought that knowing the regs especially for a new driver is a real must and yet the authorities do not have in place anything which makes them study the regs and then be tested on them

Someone might say that a 7 hour dcpc periodic course will suffice but IMO they will not because there is no extensive test included

The whole dcpc is a joke. Death by PowerPoint is no, as far as I’m concerned, any kind of tuition. It’s boring and because its forced upon people, they lose interest very quickly and it never really sinks in. The tachographs and drivers hours regs are so poorly worded that its no wonder drivers get confused by them. After 7 years I still get stumped at times with hours and regs.

Midnightflyer:
Thanks boss!!! Looking forward to it now!! Just hope I can pass the practical as easily. Nerves really do get the better of me.

Well done on passing your theory etc. Some people would say that’s the hardest bit out of the way. Being nervous is a good thing and is natural. It’s the people without the nerves and who are too sure of themselves that tend to make silly mistakes. Just remember to take your time, think about everything twice and train your eyes to work independently like a chameleon for those MIRRORS! Good luck with everything else.

Thanks bud!!

I do agree the way things are worded in regards to the rules and regs its like they don’t want you to totally understand them. Maybe if they actually consulted drivers who do the job everyday and asked them to help write the regs then they may make more sense. I think sometimes the only time you actually find out the real meaning is when you mess up and get pulled up on it!!