Another crash

walesonline.co.uk/news/shock … h-13648302

Scroll down PAST the video.

A very positive message there…

Fix your camera INSIDE the arc of the wipers.

ooo nasty crash there too

That’s the wrong video surely??

Night-and-day:
That’s the wrong video surely??

yeah, that car sliding past the truck on its roof happened ages ago! I remember seeing it on here.

Not the video, scroll down. The crash happened early hours today.

Difficult to believe that the driver of the Waitrose truck got away with non-life threatening injuries in that one.

I seen that waitrose lorry about an hour and half ago being pulled along the m4 on recovery earlier, i thought the driver would have died or atleast be in a really bad way

That video being on the same page is very distracting as to what really has happened here. In the video, there doesn’t even seem to be any contact between the artic and the crashing cars in it - not the truth about what happened to the Waitrose driver and lorry at all.

Meanwhile, doesn’t anyone know for sure what was in the “Container” that saw the M1 shut for hours and hours the other day? I’ve heard Hydrochloric acid mentioned, but you don’t need the bloody bomb squad to deal with THAT.

1790 though is another matter. HydroFLOURIC acid being a contact poison (forget the fact it’s an acid - it’s the flouride that causes your bones to crumble away hours after just a cup full gets on the skin @ 30%ish concentration) Amputation(s) are likely even if the damage is caught early enough. :frowning:

If Islamic State are starting to put together devices such as HF and IEDs - then it’s time we started treating Islamic State like Trump wants to treat “Rocket Man”. :imp:

http://wcam.engr.wisc.edu/Public/Safety/MSDS/Hydrofluoric%20acid,%2049%25.pdf (PDF format)
Data sheet also gives warnings about “First Aid” and quite frankly, I think we drivers should all be educated about basic ADR training regardless of if we are carrying it or not - or you won’t be able to save anyones life (including your own!) should you come across a crash of another lorry carrying this substance.

Winseer:
That video being on the same page is very distracting as to what really has happened here. In the video, there doesn’t even seem to be any contact between the artic and the crashing cars in it

Looks to me like the truck had wandered into lane 2 and side-swiped the car.

Winseer:
That video being on the same page is very distracting as to what really has happened here. In the video, there doesn’t even seem to be any contact between the artic and the crashing cars in it - not the truth about what happened to the Waitrose driver and lorry at all.

Meanwhile, doesn’t anyone know for sure what was in the “Container” that saw the M1 shut for hours and hours the other day? I’ve heard Hydrochloric acid mentioned, but you don’t need the bloody bomb squad to deal with THAT.

1790 though is another matter. HydroFLOURIC acid being a contact poison (forget the fact it’s an acid - it’s the flouride that causes your bones to crumble away hours after just a cup full gets on the skin @ 30%ish concentration) Amputation(s) are likely even if the damage is caught early enough. :frowning:

If Islamic State are starting to put together devices such as HF and IEDs - then it’s time we started treating Islamic State like Trump wants to treat “Rocket Man”. :imp:

Wisconsin Centers for Nanoscale Technology – UW–Madison (PDF format)
Data sheet also gives warnings about “First Aid” and quite frankly, I think we drivers should all be educated about basic ADR training regardless of if we are carrying it or not - or you won’t be able to save anyones life (including your own!) should you come across a crash of another lorry carrying this substance.

images-35.jpg

They’ll get all the footage up and find out what happened as all the wagons across the fleet have front and side facing cameras.

SouthEastCashew:
They’ll get all the footage up and find out what happened as all the wagons across the fleet have front and side facing cameras.

Incredible how the driver thankfully survived, looking at the fridge unit that seems to be intact too.

UKtramp:

SouthEastCashew:

Incredible how the driver thankfully survived, looking at the fridge unit that seems to be intact too.

That’s good, otherwise they’d need an expert engineer to look at it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Harry Monk:

UKtramp:

SouthEastCashew:

That’s good, otherwise they’d need an expert engineer to look at it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Already dropped them a line Harry.